Project properties - what is the purpose of the "Reverse" option?
Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 12:31
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
May 4, 2012

Dear colleagues,

Does anybody know the purpose of the "Reverse" option under Project>Properties? I was looking in the manual but couldn't find anything.

I thought that the reverse option was meant to make translation memories readable both ways (for example, English>German and German>English). But that doesn't seem to be the case (I just tried it out by sending an English>German project into a TM and then using that TM for a German>English project).

Thanks for your help!

Olaf

Direct link Reply with quote

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 12:31
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! May 10, 2012

I just found out why the "Reverse" option didn't seem to work: This option needs to be ticked both when SENDING a translation into the TM, and when READING the TM (in a project with the opposite language combination).

I will try to remember that for next time!

[Edited at 2012-05-10 20:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project properties - what is the purpose of the "Reverse" option?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search