Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2012

Can anyone please help with a somewhat urgent request?

I have duplicated this request for the SDL Trados forum as I was told I would be more likely to get an instant answer here

I was sent a file in xlf format which I duly translated in Studio 2009. I was asked to return a xlf file, which I have done but the client says he cannot open it as he has Déjà Vu. He keeps insisting he needs it in xlf format,
... See more
Can anyone please help with a somewhat urgent request?

I have duplicated this request for the SDL Trados forum as I was told I would be more likely to get an instant answer here

I was sent a file in xlf format which I duly translated in Studio 2009. I was asked to return a xlf file, which I have done but the client says he cannot open it as he has Déjà Vu. He keeps insisting he needs it in xlf format, which is what it's in. Does anyone please have any ideas? Thank you.

[Edited at 2012-10-04 15:44 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hi Lisa, Oct 4, 2012

I meant the Yahoo Groups mailing list, rather than here on Proz. That's where all the DejaVu people hang out...

Michael

---> http: //tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/ (you will need to join, but that'll only take a few minutes!)

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Michael Oct 4, 2012

Thanks. Trying the DV Yahoo Group. My Trados question has now been shifted to this DV forum. Have requested one gets deleted.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:16
English to Turkish
+ ...
xlf or sdlxliff Oct 4, 2012

Hi Lisa,

I guess your client sent you an xlf (or xliff) file but you delivered a sdlxliff file. You should of course deliver it in xlf format (File> Save Target as).

Selcuk

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Selcuk Oct 4, 2012

Problem solved. The odd thing is that Windows 7 Explorer was not showing my full file name and I was under the impression that I'd produced an .xlf I started again with the original in a separate folder and that did the trick.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting a file translated in Studio 2009 for use in Déjà Vu

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »