https://www.proz.com/forum/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_support/237775-dvx2_spelling_module_and_customdic_of_ms_office.html

DVX2 spelling module and custom.dic of MS Office
Thread poster: Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 17:35
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 20, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Another DVX2 question:
When I carry out spell check and add words to custom.dic of MS Office 2010, they are represented by Chinese characters in the .dic file. The phenomenon is quite confusing, as DVX2 is able to decode these Chinese words any time and also uses the ordinary entries of my custom.dic without problem, but MS Office does not understands the Chinese entries of DVX2.

What is the problem with these entries? Why aren't they represented
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

Another DVX2 question:
When I carry out spell check and add words to custom.dic of MS Office 2010, they are represented by Chinese characters in the .dic file. The phenomenon is quite confusing, as DVX2 is able to decode these Chinese words any time and also uses the ordinary entries of my custom.dic without problem, but MS Office does not understands the Chinese entries of DVX2.

What is the problem with these entries? Why aren't they represented normally?

Please do not suggest any workarounds (like export translation -> spelling in MS Word -> import translation), because I would like to focus on the elimination of this bug.

Thank you in advance.

Software background:
Win 8 EN
Ms Office 2010 EN
DVX2 8.0585, using the Hungarian spelling module of MS Office 2010

Cheers,

Gyula
Collapse

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perhaps the different encoding? Nov 22, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I believe that the problem is rooted in the different encoding of the MS Office custom.dic (Unicode) and my target language (Hungarian -> Central European).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it a software bug or are my settings wrong?

Regards,

Gyula

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
DVX2 spelling module and custom.dic of MS Office Nov 22, 2012

It appears to be a bug. We are investigating this issue at the moment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX2 spelling module and custom.dic of MS Office

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »