https://www.proz.com/forum/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_support/244646-project_exportation_problem.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Project Exportation Problem
Thread poster: skaya
skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:11
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 7, 2013

Hello to all,

I'm new to DVX2, and cat tools in general. I have installed and used DVX2 for a number of projects successfully. With this new project, I imported a word document, finished the translation and exported it.

But MS Word does not open the end file. The error message I get is "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag".

I can export a dual language rtf but it does not help as I need the whole formatting.
... See more
Hello to all,

I'm new to DVX2, and cat tools in general. I have installed and used DVX2 for a number of projects successfully. With this new project, I imported a word document, finished the translation and exported it.

But MS Word does not open the end file. The error message I get is "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag".

I can export a dual language rtf but it does not help as I need the whole formatting. There are many paragprahs and footnotes.

Any urgent help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Collapse

Victor Sidelnikov
Victor Sidelnikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Tags... Mar 7, 2013

check the tags in the segments in the translation (of course, in this project). The best option sequence - Ctrl + Shift +F8 and how Deja finds from confusion, Ctrl +8

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's the problem Mar 7, 2013

DVX finds no mismatched codes.

I found a workaround solution. Gmail's html view gives a clean formatting, except the footnotes placed at the end. I will take care of it.

But, I'm still looking for a real solution.

[Edited at 2013-03-07 08:04 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
problem in the original file? Mar 7, 2013

Please create a new project and import the same Word document. Then populate (copy) all source segments to target and export. Check if the document opens in Word. If fails, there should be a problem with the original Word document. In that case try to find a solution in Microsoft support pages, e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528942

If the document can be opened in Word, then th
... See more
Please create a new project and import the same Word document. Then populate (copy) all source segments to target and export. Check if the document opens in Word. If fails, there should be a problem with the original Word document. In that case try to find a solution in Microsoft support pages, e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528942

If the document can be opened in Word, then there is a code problem. Missing codes, codes in wrong order or even worse, a code mistakenly deleted in the source segment.

Selcuk
Collapse

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
another question Mar 7, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

If the document can be opened in Word, then there is a code problem. Missing codes, codes in wrong order or even worse, a code mistakenly deleted in the source segment.

Selcuk

I tried that using pseudotranslation and the end document opens without problem.

It is apparently a code problem. DVX2 says there is no code mistmatch between the source and the target, but I might have deleted (or maybe DVX2 automatically added?) some codes from the source while joining or splitting segments. But I don't understand how that causes a problem. I thought it should not be a problem as long as there is no mismatch.

Now, I want to import the source document in a new project, with target segments filled with already translated segments, so that I can compare original codes with the codes in translated segments. Is there any way to do that? As I said before, I can export bilingual rtf from the problematic project. Thanks.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
a new TM Mar 7, 2013

skaya wrote:
I tried that using pseudotranslation and the end document opens without problem.

Make a small change in (a copy) of the original Word document, e.g. add an additional space anywhere, save and exit. Then try to open it in Word again.

It is apparently a code problem. DVX2 says there is no code mistmatch between the source and the target, but I might have deleted (or maybe DVX2 automatically added?) some codes from the source while joining or splitting segments. But I don't understand how that causes a problem. I thought it should not be a problem as long as there is no mismatch.

There is no source target protection in DVX (it is a feature with both pros and cons). DVX does not delete but sometimes adds codes when joining/splitting segments. But it does not result in such a problem (at least not in a Word document).

Now, I want to import the source document in a new project, with target segments filled with already translated segments, so that I can compare original codes with the codes in translated segments. Is there any way to do that? As I said before, I can export bilingual rtf from the problematic project. Thanks.

Add a new TM to your project and mark the main TM as read only. Send all pairs to this new TM.

Then create a new project and attach this new TM. Pretranslate.

Feel free to send a copy of your project and the original Word document to me (if not confidential), so that I can check both of them.

(Which version and build are you using?)

Selcuk

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Half way to solution Mar 7, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Add a new TM to your project and mark the main TM as read only. Send all pairs to this new TM.

Then create a new project and attach this new TM. Pretranslate.

Feel free to send a copy of your project and the original Word document to me (if not confidential), so that I can check both of them.

(Which version and build are you using?)

Selcuk

I did that. But since I changed the segments (join/split) in the initial project, the TM did not cover the re-imported document 100% when I used pretranslate in the new project. I completed the open segments with pseudotranslate and exported with success. The problem seems to be in joined or split segments. So this is perhaps half solution.

I will not be able to send the document due to confidentiality agreement. Thanks for your help anway.

I'm using the latest build 8.0.611.

Max Hellwig
Max Hellwig  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:11
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
same problem Mar 8, 2013

I'm having the same problem, and I also found another discussion on that problem on Yahoo Answers. So it seems not to be so uncommon a problem. The solution the other time was to simply run a code check (where however no problems were found), after which the document could be exported without problem. That sounds a bit strange to me though. I guess she did something else, something small she didnt even think about... Also, it didn't work for me.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
same problem? Mar 8, 2013

Max Hellwig wrote:

I'm having the same problem, and I also found another discussion on that problem on Yahoo Answers. So it seems not to be so uncommon a problem. The solution the other time was to simply run a code check (where however no problems were found), after which the document could be exported without problem. That sounds a bit strange to me though. I guess she did something else, something small she didnt even think about... Also, it didn't work for me.

Hi Max,

Do you also get this error message: "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag".

Details please:

Your DVX version and build?
Type of Document?
Error message?
Windows and Office version, if applicable.

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
further notes Mar 8, 2013

Max Hellwig wrote:

I changed the file extension to zip and opened the zip file to reach "word/document.xml". It opened in Internet Explorer and gave the msg that there is a problem with w:t and w:p tags. The problem is that no xml editor I tried opened the xml file. Even Microsoft's XML Notepad 2007 refuses to open it in treeview and sends to simple text editor, which makes it impossible to find and fix the code error.

It seems DVX2 corrupted the xml at some point. User contribution is not denied, but I believe there is something that needs to be addressed by the company.

[Edited at 2013-03-08 15:12 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Atril Support Mar 8, 2013

skaya wrote:

I changed the file extension to zip and opened the zip file to reach "word/document.xml". It opened in Internet Explorer and gave the msg that there is a problem with w:t and w:p tags. The problem is that no xml editor I tried opened the xml file. Even Microsoft's XML Notepad 2007 refuses to open it in treeview and sends to simple text editor, which makes it impossible to find and fix the code error.

It seems DVX2 corrupted the xml at some point. User contribution is not denied, but I believe there is something that needs to be addressed by the company.

Hi Skaya,

Atril support is free of charge, feel free to send a copy of your project and original document to Atril support. This is not the official support page of Atril, so it is better to submit a ticket http://helpdesk.atril.com/index.php?pid=login

There may be problems with the original Word document, they appear when the file is saved.

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ran out of options Mar 8, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

There may be problems with the original Word document, they appear when the file is saved.

I did that. I made a few changes to the original document and saved it. It opened without problem.

The problem seems to be with the nesting of w:t and w:p tags in xml. As I understand, w:t tags should be within w:p tags. They must be crossed somewhere, but I couldn't find where since I couldn't open the xml file in treeview.

Anyways, I will submit a ticket as soon as I get permission for the file. Thanks for your help Selçuk.

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
recurring problem and... Mar 10, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

There is no source target protection in DVX (it is a feature with both pros and cons). DVX does not delete but sometimes adds codes when joining/splitting segments. But it does not result in such a problem (at least not in a Word document).

I experienced the same problem in another smaller project and noticed that it occured because I deleted a code added by DVX to joined segments. When I fixed that, the file was exported properly.

I've assumed that the codes shown to the user are those that need their contribution to place formatting features in the target text, and features that do not neet user attention are not shown in codes.

So, what is the point that I can't see in adding a visible code when two segments are merged? Are they thought of as placeholders to give a chance to the user to split the segment back. Even if that is the point, deleting it should not cause any code problem.

Despite this problem, I'm quite happy with the software.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
codes Mar 10, 2013

Codes are sometimes for formatting only, e.g. bold, italic, but new paragraphs, bulleted lists, tables, images, links and various meta information can be stored in a code as well. So be careful not to delete the codes in the source.

Many new features will come in the next builds and you will not wait long

[Edited at 2013-03-10 13:37 GMT]

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Local time: 16:11
Embedded code check Mar 11, 2013

When you do an embedded code check, DVX2 checks the codes in the segments that are currently being displayed in the grid, and it starts from the current segments and goes down.

This means that, if you want DVX2 to check every embedded code, you have to select "All Segments" in the segment selector, and you have to place the cursor in the very first segment before running the code check.

If you did delete a code from the source accidentally, you probably won't be able to
... See more
When you do an embedded code check, DVX2 checks the codes in the segments that are currently being displayed in the grid, and it starts from the current segments and goes down.

This means that, if you want DVX2 to check every embedded code, you have to select "All Segments" in the segment selector, and you have to place the cursor in the very first segment before running the code check.

If you did delete a code from the source accidentally, you probably won't be able to fix it, since you will have to way of knowing where the missing code should go. In that case, you have to reimport the document and translate it again.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Exportation Problem

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »