Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 16:50
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 19, 2013

Dear colleagues,

Does anybody know if it is possible to join/split segments inside a Déjà Vu translation memory? As far as I can see, there is no such function, or have I overlooked it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Olaf

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:50
English to French
+ ...
Ctrl+J & Ctrl+I Mar 19, 2013

These are the shortcuts to join/split segments, you can also use the chain link icons on the toolbar. Is that what you're looking for?

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Bernard Mar 19, 2013

Thanks for your message, but as far as I know, those shortcuts only work inside project files. What I want to do is join/split segments inside a TM.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:50
English to French
+ ...
Split - Merge Mar 19, 2013

I'm not sure how many segments you want to merge/split if there are only a few I would do it within the project file and then update the TM. If it's major surgery, you could use an SQL statement, depending on which strings you want to merge/split.

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SQL statement Mar 19, 2013

Hi again Bernard,

The TM is actually derived from a TMX file the client sent me, so there is no corresponding project file.

But if you know an SQL statement for joining/splitting segments in the TM, that would be great!

Kind regards,

Olaf

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:50
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
import into Project Mar 19, 2013

Hi Olaf,

You can import TMX (as a translatable) file into a project, use Join/Split buttons / shortcuts (and any source / target editing) and then send to a new TM.

Selcuk

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Selcuk! May 18, 2013

Yes, I think that's what I am going to end up doing... A pity there is no join/segment funcion in the TM, it would be handy...

By the way, sorry for my late reply, I was being side-tracked and then forgot about this thread!

Kind regards,

Olaf

[Edited at 2013-05-18 01:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Join/split segments inside a TM

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search