Turkish characters (i.e. ç, ı, ş ..) change, when importing external xml datasheet
Thread poster: shevek

shevek
Local time: 17:07
Turkish to English
Apr 1, 2013

Hi everyone,
Just have downloaded Dejavu and trying to learn.
Wanted to import an excel sheet with an existing glossary. It was succesful importing, however Turkish letters such as ç,ş,ü,ı.. have changed. I'm sure i am missing out something. Please advise..
Cheers,
Gamze

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:07
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Unicode Apr 1, 2013

Hi Gamze,

Please select Unicode when importing Turkish (not Turkish or UTF-8).

Selcuk

-------------------
Same when importing a TMX file into Translation Memory (TM)
http://cattoolshelp.blogspot.com/2012/10/language-code-selection-when-importing.html

-------------------
Delete the Terminology Database (TD) and create a new one (even with the same name) otherwise you will have duplicate terms but with corrupted characters (simply delete it from your hard disk with the delete key).

[Edited at 2013-04-02 00:48 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Turkish characters (i.e. ç, ı, ş ..) change, when importing external xml datasheet

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search