Problem with "ph = x" tags when importing TMX from Deja Vu to MadCap Lingo
Thread poster: Moisejp

Moisejp
Local time: 04:26
Jul 13, 2013

When I import TMXs from Deja Vu into MadCap Lingo, the tags in the segments often don't line up correctly. The problem has been identified as being the "ph = x" tags in the TMX. Lingo does not seem to recognize the "ph" tag, and therefore, is only seeing them as general numerical tags. MadCap support has said that they also tested my TMX with another 3rd party tool (MemoQ), which did not pick up all of the tags either.

I have tried opening the TMX in Word and doing various combinations of Find & Replace to change the "ph" tags into opening and closing tags Lingo will recognize, but it's quite complicated to do this successfully over a whole TMX.

I was wondering whether anyone else has had a similar problem when exporting TMXs from Deja Vu to another application, and whether there might be an easier solution than the one I have been trying.

Thank you.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:26
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
DVX2 creates valid TMX files Jul 14, 2013

In other words DVX2 complies to TMX standard 1.4. I have imported DVX2 TMX files into almost all CAT tools (Trados 2007, SDL Studio, MemoQ, Across, CafeTran, SDLX, WordFast Classic and Professional), and no problems so far.

What is your DVX version and build? TMX file header was changed in build 505 to ensure easier exchange of TMX files but that was almost 2 years ago. Current build is 8.0.633.

-------------------------
Are you still using Deja Vu X (1) Workgroup build 7.5.338? Only the header part is different in TMX files created by DVX2, so I still believe this is a problem/bug of MadCap Lingo and hope they will fix it in the next build. But possibly you don't have time to wait for the next build, then you can try Olifant - just open your TMX file and save as TMX without making any changes.

Selcuk

[Edited at 2013-07-14 12:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with "ph = x" tags when importing TMX from Deja Vu to MadCap Lingo

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search