Unsuccessful TM export into Excel ("The wizard successfuly exported 0 segments")
Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 14:04
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 9, 2013

Hi everybody,

I just tried to export a Translation Memory (containing around 100 very short entries) into an Excel file:

1) File > Export > External Data

2) I choose Excel 97/2000/XP and click on Next

3) I choose a name and location of the Excel sheet and cklick on Next

4) I add two fields:
- Main segment (French)
- Translation (German)
and click on Next

5) I don't specify any filters and click on next and then on Finish

Then I get the following message: "The wizard successfuly exported 0 segments"icon_frown.gif

Any ideas why the export didn't work?

Many thanks in advance!

Olaf

NatM
Germany
Local time: 21:04
English to German
+ ...
export not possible Sep 10, 2013

Very strange indeed. Which version of DVX?
I just tried with my 8.0.611 version and, strangely, I am not able to export ANY TM either...!?!?!?!

Is this a new bug???????
Does anyone know about this?

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Nat! Sep 13, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, Nat! Yes, a weird problem... Regarding your question: I use Déjà Vu Workgroup 8.0.633 on Windows 7.

I sent the file to a colleague who has exactly the same setup (Déjà Vu Workgroup 8.0.633 on Windows 7) and he managed to export it successfully.

I think I am going to reinstall Déjà Vu and see what happens then. Fortunately, I don't have any other problems with exporting TMs (If I export the TM into TMX format, for example, it works flawlessly; the problem only happens when trying to export into Excel).

Kind regards,

Olaf

NatM
Germany
Local time: 21:04
English to German
+ ...
strange behaviour Sep 19, 2013

I work in a team with 10 others. Strangely, 5 of us can do exports, the 5 others can't.
We'll let Atril see to this. Maybe it's a configuration / server problem.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 22:04
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Languages Sep 26, 2013

Olaf Reibedanz wrote:

4) I add two fields:
- Main segment (French)
- Translation (German)
and click on Next

Hi Olaf,

Please check language variants in your TM. Hope it solves your problem.

Selcuk

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody! Nov 24, 2013

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your input! I still have not been able to solve the problem. However, my computer technician suggested that the problem may have been caused by the fact that I have two different Office versions running on my laptop (I installed Office 2003 on my C drive and Office 2010 on my D drive). I will uninstall one of the Office versions and see if that does the trick. I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, I bought a new PC running only with Office 2010 and everything works smoothly on that computer.

Kind regards,

Olaf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unsuccessful TM export into Excel ("The wizard successfuly exported 0 segments")

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search