Is it possible to move my project templates to another computer?
Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 10:39
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 24, 2013

Good morning,

I just bought a new PC and installed DVX on it. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to keep the project templates that I have created on the old computer and use them to the new computer? I was looking in the DVX folder of my old computer (C/Programs/ATRIL/Déjà Vu X2) but I couldn't find any "Templates" file there.

Thanks for your help!

Olaf

David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:39
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Yes, it's easy Nov 24, 2013

If by template you mean project, yes. Transfer them across on a memory stick or similar. You will also need to transfer related translation memories and use the "tools" option to repair them, but this works fine.

I do this all the time to move projects between my PC and laptop: hope that helps.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 18:39
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
location Nov 24, 2013

Hi Olaf,

In Windows XP project templates are located at
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ATRIL\Déjà Vu X2\Templates\Project

You may need to update the paths of TM and TBs.

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Nov 24, 2013

Hi Eutychus, thanks for your reply! With template I mean the settings that I can save by hitting the "Templates" button in Project/Properties. So it's possible to move those settings to another computer? If so, how exactly do you do that?

Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Location Nov 24, 2013

Hi Selcuk,

Thanks for your reply! I use Windows 7 and was looking in the following folder: C/Programs/ATRIL/Déjà Vu X2.

Inside that folder, there are two sub-folders (Spelling and UILangs) and about 80 files with the following extensions: chm, dll, exe, and ocx. The "Settings" file is also located in this folder. However, there is no "Template" file or subfolder.

And what exactly do you mean with "updating the paths of TM and TBs"? Can you explain this with more detail?

Many thanks!

Olaf

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:39
French to Polish
+ ...
Path... Nov 25, 2013

Olaf Reibedanz wrote:

Thanks for your reply! I use Windows 7 and was looking in the following folder: C/Programs/ATRIL/Déjà Vu X2.

Inside that folder, there are two sub-folders (Spelling and UILangs) and about 80 files with the following extensions: chm, dll, exe, and ocx. The "Settings" file is also located in this folder. However, there is no "Template" file or subfolder.

Yous should use the path related the user profle folder, i.e.:
C:\Users\All Users\Atril\Déjà Vu X2\Templates\Projects

And what exactly do you mean with "updating the paths of TM and TBs"? Can you explain this with more detail?

if you plan to change the location of your TMs/TBs, you should change the paths in the project template.
Nonetheless, AFAIK, the only way to do it is to open the template file in Access and edit the tables MDBL.sg and TDBL.sg.
Not really handy... icon_frown.gif
It shoud be a way to do it in a more friendly way...

If you plan to leave it "as is", no action is needed.

Cheers
GG

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Summarizing... Nov 27, 2013

For Windows 7 Professional Edition, the path to the Templates folder is:

c:\ProgramData\Atril\Déjà Vu X2

ProgramData is a hidden folder by default, so:

- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click on Organize/ Folder and Search Options / View Tab.
- Select the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option and click on Apply/OK.

Now ProgramData should appear in the C:\ root directory. You can copy your templates directly from it.

Saludos

[Edited at 2013-11-27 01:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to move my project templates to another computer?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search