I need to reinstall Deja Vu. Would all my TMs and TBs be lost if I reinstall?
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell

Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:31
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2014

Or would they be retained for future use?

Direct link Reply with quote

Caroline Bajwel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:31
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TMs and TBs are not lost when reinstalling Deja Vu Feb 11, 2014

Hi Sarah,
No, your TMs and TBs will not be lost. They cannot be erased because they are not part of the install program (you created them and probably stored them in a specific directory; DV did not create them when you installed it).
Also, DV TMs and TBs format has been the same for ages, so there is no compatibility issues.
One recommendation, of course, is to copy them regularly (backup) in case your machine would fail, like any other important file!
Best Regards,
Caroline

Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 11, 2014

Thanks, I was having some problems with Deja Vu so I uninstalled it. Now it appears that I cannot reinstall it. I keep getting the following error message.

Error 1326. Error getting file security:
C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\ConvertEmbeddedObjects.dotm GetLastError: 5

Does anyone know the problem and what is causing this?

[Edited at 2014-02-11 23:45 GMT]

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:31
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Download it again from the Atril site Feb 12, 2014

I have no idea what embedded objects are giving the installation trouble, but there's no reason what you shouldn't simply sidestep it, so get yourself a fresh download from Atril and install that. However, you should make sure you've completely uninstalled the old installation, first. That is, go into the Atril folder in your Program Files and manually remove any remaining file. Or simply remove the whole folder and let the install program recreate it.

Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is solved. Feb 12, 2014

I have the disc for Deja Vu. I reinstalled it from the disc and then updated to the latest build via the Atril website.

Actually, the only way I could install it was to do a custom install and NOT install the Embedded Object Conversion Macros that come with the automatic Deja Vu X2 installation.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need to reinstall Deja Vu. Would all my TMs and TBs be lost if I reinstall?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search