Denis Danchenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:52
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2014

Hi,

I hope, you will be able to help me with this one!

I've got Deja Vu X3 Pro, and I often import external files to work on into a DVX project.
In most cases, these files are standard XLIFF files.
However, I noticed that after a pre-translated XLIFF file has been imported into the DVX project, the tags in the Source and Target rows are mismatched. For example, if there are tags 1 and 2 in the source row, the tags in the same target row will follow the same numbering sequence (3 and 4 respectively). I suspect that this is incorrect, as the tags in the source are the same as in the target and should therefore retain the same structure and numbering (1 and 2) after the import into the DVX project has been completed.
This mismatch results in a lot of manual rework, as I have to follow through and
1. Delete all tags.
2. Re-insert tags.

Again what's important is that mismatched tags are always the same (correct) tags, but DVX handles them as different tags that should be fixed.

I will really appreciate your help!

Cheers,
Denis

Direct link Reply with quote

Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 18:52
Member (2015)
Follow-up Oct 22, 2014

Hi Denis,

Did you send the file to support after yesterday's webinar?
We would like to have a look at this.

Cheers,
Atril Team

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu X3: mismatched tags in imported external XLIFF files

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search