Thread poster: Esteban Flamini
Esteban Flamini  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

Hi everybody

I am evaluating whether to become a user of DVX Editor.

I took a look at the comparison chart of ATRIL's products at their website (http://www.atril.com/featurecomparison.asp?InFrame=true) and to my surprise I found that seemingly the only database used by the Editor is the lexicon; no translation memory-no terminology. Is that true?

Additionally, is it true that Editor doesn't allow you to AutoSend to memory, AutoPropagate, AutoAssemble, etc.?

If anyone can help, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Esteban

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxJost  Identity Verified
English to German
DVX Editor Jan 6, 2005

Hello Esteban:

Esteban Flamini wrote:

I took a look at the comparison chart of ATRIL's products at their website (http://www.atril.com/featurecomparison.asp?InFrame=true) and to my surprise I found that seemingly the only database used by the Editor is the lexicon; no translation memory-no terminology. Is that true?

Additionally, is it true that Editor doesn't allow you to AutoSend to memory, AutoPropagate, AutoAssemble, etc.?

Yes, that is true. The free Editor is only meant to work on projects that have been prepared by a project manager. If the project manager was savvy enough he or she has included a large lexcion, if not, the normal editing and filtering functions of DVX will have to do.

Jost

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does DVX Editor use TMs?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search