A problem of termbase DVX 2
Thread poster: xin liu
xin liu
Local time: 19:14
French to Chinese
May 9, 2015

Hello everyone, i'am trying to use DVX. I created a termbase file, when i import a glossay in it, i've forgotton to choose the target language, so in the termbase file, the source language and the target language are the same. The weird thing is when i open the file, in the layout of target language, the translation didn't show up when i choose the correct language that it should has been imported even if the language it has been assigned, the translation redisplay when i choose 'all' in target language selection item. When i try to export this termbase file, it's impossible to export the translation, the field of translation is always empty, no matter i choose the correct language it shoud be or the language it has been assigned. So what can i do to ?

Direct link Reply with quote

VIP9N
Local time: 14:14
Russian to English
+ ...
Re-import correctly May 10, 2015

xin liu wrote:
...i've forgotton to choose the target language, so in the termbase file, the source language and the target language are the same.
... So what can i do to ?...

Delete the wrong base and import it from the glossary again. Isn't it so obvious?

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:14
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Start over again May 10, 2015

I agree with VIP9N.

I assume you still have the original material. Go back and create a new termbase, making sure to select the source and target languages this time.

Then make sure you have entered the names of the source and target languages in the top cells of each of the two columns in the glossary.

Import again.

Lbenito_atril
Local time: 13:14
Import the TB again May 11, 2015

I agree with the other comments. Though there are various things you could, the easiest and most straight-forward solution is to import the glossary again using the correct language settings.

xin liu
French to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
all is gone May 11, 2015

i've deleted the original glossary, what i get is the termbase, that's why i need badly to export it into excel format

VIP9N
Russian to English
+ ...
Forget this material May 12, 2015

xin liu wrote:
i've deleted the original glossary...

You didn't mention that in your first message. I doubt we have magic ball to guess what the real situation was From the other point of view, there are always traces of source from which the original glossary came: email, trash bin, some backup or anything. Search.

.., what i get is the termbase, that's why i need badly to export it into excel format

Considering your first message "...in the termbase file, the source language and the target language are the same..." I would say you won't be able to export anything good out of it. As a rule, the databases of all CAT-makers have proprietory formats. You can apply to Atril support to help you. If not and the glossary source is not available anymore (which would be strange), just forget it. But remember to backup copies in the future.

xin liu
French to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for all May 12, 2015

Thanks for your reply.
Finaly I've found a solution which is a hard way to export it. In the termbase, we can edit each target language, so i will choose the correct language for all the terms and the export it in normal way, the problem is that it's been edited one after another, think of about ten thousans of terms, i will finish it before my afterlife.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
MS Access May 12, 2015

I would open the termbase with MS Access, copy the table into Excel and do any editing there. It will be much faster I guess.

xin liu
French to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
God bless you May 12, 2015

to Selcuk Akyuz
You'are saving my life!!
It's done! I open it with MS Access, and then the next is easy.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A problem of termbase DVX 2

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search