Any way switch off text formatting when copy text from DVX3
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 01:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 17, 2016

Is there any way to switch off/reset text formatting when copy text from DVX3?
In MS apps it is pasted with formatting and font settings in DVX3 (:shocked:), but I need to paste only text as from Notepad (do not tell me about word button to insert clean text, I know it, but there are another programs, that haven't this miraculous button)


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:09
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

MODERATOR
Remove the formatting within DVX3? Aug 18, 2016

Why not just key in formatting commands once you've copied the text in DVX3? (I.e., Ctrl + B to switch between bold and non-bold; Ctrl + i to switch between italics and non-italics, and Ctrl + u to switch between underlined and non-underlined).

Direct link Reply with quote
 
mikhailo
Local time: 01:09
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Aug 19, 2016

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Why not just key in formatting commands once you've copied the text in DVX3? (I.e., Ctrl + B to switch between bold and non-bold; Ctrl + i to switch between italics and non-italics, and Ctrl + u to switch between underlined and non-underlined).


May be my english is not very good, but I need to copy clean text (without info about font, size and visual formatting) FROM DVX3.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 00:09
Member (2016)
Clipboard cleaning Aug 20, 2016

mikhailo wrote:

Is there any way to switch off/reset text formatting when copy text from DVX3?
In MS apps it is pasted with formatting and font settings in DVX3 (:shocked:), but I need to paste only text as from Notepad (do not tell me about word button to insert clean text, I know it, but there are another programs, that haven't this miraculous button)


You can use a clipboard cleaning tool or macro (e.g. AutoHotkey) to remove any formatting before pasting in apps that don't offer insertion of unformatted text.

There are many AutoHotkey experts in the DVX group and memoQ group on Yahoo. Or you google for a stand-alone clipboard cleaner.

Here's one example out of many:


How Clipboard Magic Works

Clipboard Magic works by remembering plain unformatted text that has been copied to the Windows Clipboard. This text is stored in the Clipboard Magic clip list. The copied text can be one character or several pages.

The item list works like a stack of plates. When new text is copied to the Clipboard the text is stored at the top of the Clipboard Magic item list. When new text is added the other items in the item list move down one row. Any item at the very end of the list will disappear. If the Copy From Bottom option is checked, newly copied text is added at the bottom of the list and all clips above move up one row.


http://www.cybermatrix.com./manuals/cm/clipboard_magic.html

[Edited at 2016-08-20 08:38 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
mikhailo
Local time: 01:09
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Aug 20, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

mikhailo wrote:

Is there any way to switch off/reset text formatting when copy text from DVX3?
In MS apps it is pasted with formatting and font settings in DVX3 (:shocked:), but I need to paste only text as from Notepad (do not tell me about word button to insert clean text, I know it, but there are another programs, that haven't this miraculous button)


You can use a clipboard cleaning tool or macro (e.g. AutoHotkey) to remove any formatting before pasting in apps that don't offer insertion of unformatted text.

There are many AutoHotkey experts in the DVX group and memoQ group on Yahoo. Or you google for a stand-alone clipboard cleaner.

Here's one example out of many:


How Clipboard Magic Works

Clipboard Magic works by remembering plain unformatted text that has been copied to the Windows Clipboard. This text is stored in the Clipboard Magic clip list. The copied text can be one character or several pages.

The item list works like a stack of plates. When new text is copied to the Clipboard the text is stored at the top of the Clipboard Magic item list. When new text is added the other items in the item list move down one row. Any item at the very end of the list will disappear. If the Copy From Bottom option is checked, newly copied text is added at the bottom of the list and all clips above move up one row.


http://www.cybermatrix.com./manuals/cm/clipboard_magic.html

[Edited at 2016-08-20 08:38 GMT]



it's a good known solution. But I wait for response from atril.
And it's always the same - you have quitted a problem files before You get the answer.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:09
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

MODERATOR
Export as bilingual RTF file Aug 20, 2016

I gather I misunderstood you. Sorry!

You can export your translation as an RTF bilingual file (File > Share > Bilingual RTF. Before exporting, select "Suppress inline tags" to get clean text. Then just copy the Target column.

mikhailo wrote:

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Why not just key in formatting commands once you've copied the text in DVX3? (I.e., Ctrl + B to switch between bold and non-bold; Ctrl + i to switch between italics and non-italics, and Ctrl + u to switch between underlined and non-underlined).


May be my English is not very good, but I need to copy clean text (without info about font, size and visual formatting) FROM DVX3.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
mikhailo
Local time: 01:09
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Aug 25, 2016

Yolanda Broad wrote:

I gather I misunderstood you. Sorry!

You can export your translation as an RTF bilingual file (File > Share > Bilingual RTF. Before exporting, select "Suppress inline tags" to get clean text. Then just copy the Target column.

mikhailo wrote:

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Why not just key in formatting commands once you've copied the text in DVX3? (I.e., Ctrl + B to switch between bold and non-bold; Ctrl + i to switch between italics and non-italics, and Ctrl + u to switch between underlined and non-underlined).


May be my English is not very good, but I need to copy clean text (without info about font, size and visual formatting) FROM DVX3.


You do not understand me at all.

In DVX3 I use 14 pt Arial font. Sometimes I need to copy text from DVX3 and paste it into MS sw. Text is pasted always (except with magic button in Word) as ARIAL 14 pt independently of target formatting. It's not normal. Why do I need to make a lot of additional tasks to clean up this formatting?

Atril — some more ideas for you

Buttons are more quicker to access than pull-down lists. You have a lot of free space on ribbon for standalone Goto next 1,2,3, etc buttons, buttons for segment filters etc.

Very pale coloring of different types of segment/ different documents in project in translation table can be a good idea.

Copying multiple sources/ pasting multiple (consecutively) translations in TABLE can be a good idea.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any way switch off text formatting when copy text from DVX3

Advanced search






PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search