Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:53
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 26, 2005

I have several .pps files (which I simply renamed into .ppt before importing as a DVX project). The files which are less 1 Mb are imported OK, but there are some files with their sizes 2-5 Mb -- and DVX cannot import them. I think the problem is that DVX has not enough memory for the process. I tried to turn off all other applications but it still does not help.

Is there a way to make the initial .pps files smaller in size somehow? In fact, the text which they contain is really shor
... See more
I have several .pps files (which I simply renamed into .ppt before importing as a DVX project). The files which are less 1 Mb are imported OK, but there are some files with their sizes 2-5 Mb -- and DVX cannot import them. I think the problem is that DVX has not enough memory for the process. I tried to turn off all other applications but it still does not help.

Is there a way to make the initial .pps files smaller in size somehow? In fact, the text which they contain is really short (no more than 1000 words in a 5 Mb PowerPoint file, I suppose).

Or maybe there is yet another possible way to solve the problem? Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Michael Hesselnberg (X)
Michael Hesselnberg (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:53
French to German
+ ...
I never heard about that Apr 27, 2005

I am working with DVX too, and in the past, i imported some very big PPT filesin DVX, I never had a problem;
perhaps you can post your question on the English DejaVu users forum at the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

HTH

Michael

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:53
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A partial solution Apr 27, 2005

Thank you, Michael!

I found a partial solution: to break the source files into separate files. First I had thought my computer has not enough memory for DVX to import large files (I have 256 RAM and run under Windows XP), but for a while I see that I have problems with even relatively small files (like 250 Kb or so, after I broke th initial files into separate slides). So, the question still needs a research -- thank you very much for the link!

Michael Hesselnberg wrote:
I am working with DVX too, and in the past, i imported some very big PPT filesin DVX, I never had a problem;
perhaps you can post your question on the English DejaVu users forum at the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

[Edited at 2005-04-28 10:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX: Importing PowerPoint files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »