Removing bogus codes: my method
Thread poster: Timothy Barton

Timothy Barton
Local time: 06:36
French to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2006

The best method I have found to remove bogus codes is to do a select all and copy of the document, and an ordinary paste (ie, maintaining all formatting) into a new document. In theory, it shouldn't make any difference, since this type of paste should retain everything, but for some reason, the bogus code disappears.

I seem to be the only one who's figured this out, since I have not found this method anywhere online.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:36
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Copy & paste has been a good trick for me, too Apr 7, 2006

I've been doing the copy and paste trick to remove bogus code from Word docs for several years - learned it from the DéjàVu Yahoo list. It's usually effective, particularly when one is dealing with OCR'd material, which, for some reason, tends to insert other fonts in the spaces between words.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing bogus codes: my method

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search