Thread poster: Axel Trost
Axel Trost
Axel Trost  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:08
English to German
+ ...
Apr 2, 2007

My file manager is displayed with the plus sign in front of the project name but I cannot expand the view. There are more than 400 files in my actual project but to open a file I have to use the project manager now. This is time consuming as a lot of files only contain just some words.
I tried opening another project but I cannot expand the file list. The only entry is the project name. Clicking in the "+" sign doesn't function.
Any idea? By the way, my Windows Explorer works fine, s
... See more
My file manager is displayed with the plus sign in front of the project name but I cannot expand the view. There are more than 400 files in my actual project but to open a file I have to use the project manager now. This is time consuming as a lot of files only contain just some words.
I tried opening another project but I cannot expand the file list. The only entry is the project name. Clicking in the "+" sign doesn't function.
Any idea? By the way, my Windows Explorer works fine, so no problem from that side.
I suppose it is a problem with the general settings but I have no idea so far.
Collapse

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 05:08
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Provisional solution Apr 2, 2007

Hi Axel,

I don't know why this is happening but I have a provisional solution for you that might work: If you double click on the name of the project folder in the File Navigator, you will see all your 400 files in a two column view (as though all of them were part of the same file). In this way you will be able to edit them all at once.

Hope this helps!

Olaf

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:08
French to English
+ ...
Repair project and restart DVX? Apr 5, 2007

That has happened to me, on a few occasions. I've usually found that repairing the project and restarting DVX does the trick.
Regards,
David Turner

[Edited at 2007-04-05 10:21]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File manager not expandable

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »