Thread poster: Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 17, 2002

I\'ve experiencing a problem with a DV project. Once I\'ve finished the translation, I try to export the file (it\'s an Excel file indeed) and everything runs smoothly up to a certain point, when DV seems to go crazy and begins to remove the original text without adding the translation.

Have you ever seen something similar?

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:17
French to English
Join the DejaVu mailing list Dec 17, 2002

There\'s a mailing list for DejaVu. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l on how to subscribe.

As for your problem, I\'ve never heard of DV removing the original text. Usually if only part of the translation exports, it means that there is a problem with the codes ({001} for example). To correct this, go to the top of your document and press Ctrl-Shift-C, make any corrections (the codes
... See more
There\'s a mailing list for DejaVu. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l on how to subscribe.

As for your problem, I\'ve never heard of DV removing the original text. Usually if only part of the translation exports, it means that there is a problem with the codes ({001} for example). To correct this, go to the top of your document and press Ctrl-Shift-C, make any corrections (the codes have to be in the same order as in the original, meaning that {012} cannot be before {011}).

HTH,

Erika

Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
DV list Dec 17, 2002

Yes, you can get answers to such questions on the DV list (www.atril.com - Support - USerGroup: there you will find the URL).

I used DV dozens of times for Excel projects, and I have never experienced any problem. Yes, the codes should match, as Erika pointed out, but in fact you cannot finish a translation projects if any of the codes do not match. You will be forced to correct them before expo
... See more
Yes, you can get answers to such questions on the DV list (www.atril.com - Support - USerGroup: there you will find the URL).

I used DV dozens of times for Excel projects, and I have never experienced any problem. Yes, the codes should match, as Erika pointed out, but in fact you cannot finish a translation projects if any of the codes do not match. You will be forced to correct them before exporting.

You can try this workaround: copy and paste the contents of your Excel table into Word, creating a table. Open a Word project, then Pretranslate (you should have all the segments in your TM from your Execl project). Export. Copy the Word table back into Excel.
Collapse

Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 17, 2002

The problem was not related to the codes, indeed I\'ve pretranslated a new DV project with a database created from the \"wrong\" DV project and it seems it\'s OK now (maybe the project was not properly created). I don\'t know...

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-18 08:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV error during Excel export - source removed w/o being replaced by target

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »