is there a way to transport trados TM to DVX
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 05:27
English to German
+ ...
May 9, 2007

I just now had an interesting enquiry about a possible large project in FM, but the TM is in Trados and the finishing is needed in DVX. I had searched for all possibilities did test runs on a sample file, but to no avail. Can some one help. Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:27
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Importing Trados TM content to DVX May 9, 2007

>> is there a way to transport trados TM to DVX?

Yes, it's called the import function for the DVX TM. Simply create/open your DV translation memory database, then take a look at the Import function under the File menu. The wizard will guide you through all the necessary steps; key steps include selection of the format to be imported ("Trados WB database" which *really* means the TXT export from a Trados Workbench database, not the WB database itself!) and mapping the language codes (EN-GB to British English, for example, or to another dialect of English if desired).

A preliminary step, of course, is exporting the content from Trados Workbench (File -> Export...).

[Edited at 2007-05-09 14:41]

Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
English to German
Export from Trados to Trados.txt May 9, 2007

Export your Trados TM to Trados.txt. Depending of the DVX Version to Trados.txt Version 2 to 6.5.
Import this into a DVX mdb as Trados TM.

Kind regards
Judy Ann

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 9, 2007

and vielen Dank, I could use your help and solve my problem. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is there a way to transport trados TM to DVX

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search