Witold Walecki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:38
Member (2011)
Polish to English
+ ...
Oct 30

BE AWARE
if you receive an enquiry for translation of a huawei (most likely) related text in sdl project "HW_EU_request 1028" English to Danish, Dutch, Finnish, NO, PL, SW, TR - from george@wawasandsetinynow.com from someone signing it as George Varughese,
Project Manager
Wawasan Destiny Resources
DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE FOOLED. THIS IS AN IMPOSTOR. he is not who he says he is from where he says he is. yo
... See more
BE AWARE
if you receive an enquiry for translation of a huawei (most likely) related text in sdl project "HW_EU_request 1028" English to Danish, Dutch, Finnish, NO, PL, SW, TR - from george@wawasandsetinynow.com from someone signing it as George Varughese,
Project Manager
Wawasan Destiny Resources
DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE FOOLED. THIS IS AN IMPOSTOR. he is not who he says he is from where he says he is. you WILL NEVER see your money.
do a simple exercise: compare the email he uses: wawasandsetinynow.com to the actual email of a the real wawasan destiny now: wawasandestinynow.com
and warn as many people as you can
Collapse

Philippe Tronci
David Maldonado

David Maldonado  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:38
Member (Aug 2019)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It happened to me Nov 1

I just received an email from this guy, English to Spanish.

It caught my attention because he was not part of any of the agencies I signed with or my clients.
He sent a Trados package and a excel telling amount of words, packages, tasks, etc.
Here is the text from the email.

Hello,

There is a new job to be translated from English to Spanish. Pls find project package and analysis attached.
Do not change any tag and the file name .
If
... See more
I just received an email from this guy, English to Spanish.

It caught my attention because he was not part of any of the agencies I signed with or my clients.
He sent a Trados package and a excel telling amount of words, packages, tasks, etc.
Here is the text from the email.

Hello,

There is a new job to be translated from English to Spanish. Pls find project package and analysis attached.
Do not change any tag and the file name .
If you have any query, pls write it down on the query.

PLS run xbench before delivering it. Pay more attention to the following;
- Completeness of the content
- spelling mistakes
- punctuation
- numeric mistake
Delivery time: 17:00 pm on Nov 3,2019

if you have any question, pls feel free let me know.

I responded confirming availability prior to reading this post, and as I am writing it he asked for my rate. I guess I will just ignore him.

EDIT: I added an image of the Trados package:
scam example

[Edited at 2019-11-01 17:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-11-01 17:32 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-11-01 17:33 GMT]
Collapse

Manuela Ciuruc  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:38
Romanian to French
+ ...
same on 1st November 2019 Nov 1

Thanks a lot,
please be aware that the IP address is the same as other similar scams: IP 209.85.220.41 - California. They create domains with a letter missing or other ommissions, this time it is: wawasandsetinynow.com. When asked about their public profile, they indicate the Proz profile.

This time it is a Trados package with a translation for Caterpillar, from English to French.

[Edited at 2019-11-01 18:22 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

scammer for jobs

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search