https://www.proz.com/forum/dutch/146897-loon_vertaler_in_loondienst_in_nederland.html

loon vertaler in loondienst in Nederland
Thread poster: The_Sentinel
The_Sentinel
The_Sentinel
Local time: 04:12
German to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 1, 2009

Hallo,

Ik ga morgen in Nederland solliciteren bij een bedrijf dat voedingsmiddelen distribueert. Hoeveel verdient een vertaler in loondienst in Nederland gemiddeld (bruto/netto)?

Dank bij voorbaat.

Abdelfettah khabote
Abdelfettah khabote  Identity Verified
Dutch to Arabic
+ ...
loon vertaler Oct 3, 2009

Volgens mijn informatie uit de Algemene Directoraat van tolken en vertalers geaccrediteerd bij de Europese Commissie, start een tolk of een vertaler met een loon van 3.500 euro bruto per maand.

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
eeeh ... haal er maar 1000 euro van af... Oct 5, 2009

met 2500 kom je meer in de buurt denk ik.....
(voor "gewone" vertalers)

Ed

Michiel Zijlstra
Michiel Zijlstra  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
mee eens Oct 7, 2009

Edward Vreeburg wrote:

met 2500 kom je meer in de buurt denk ik.....
(voor "gewone" vertalers)

Ed

Mee eens.
Ik heb van 1998 tot 2005 in loondienst gewerkt bij in totaal 3 vertaalbureaus , maar 3500 per maand heb ik toen nooit verdiend. 2500 komt meer in de buurt......
Succes met je salarisonderhandelingen

katarzyna-h
katarzyna-h
Polish to German
+ ...
once more.. Jun 30, 2012

Hi, I would like to freshen this topic up a little bit I recently got a job as a translator of German and Polish in Netherlands - at the beginning my job was based on a service agreement with my employer, but now he offered me a full time job. He said, he is going to speak with a lawyer about the wages for translators in Netherlands, since he have never had a translator in this company before, so he is not sure how much should he ... See more
Hi, I would like to freshen this topic up a little bit I recently got a job as a translator of German and Polish in Netherlands - at the beginning my job was based on a service agreement with my employer, but now he offered me a full time job. He said, he is going to speak with a lawyer about the wages for translators in Netherlands, since he have never had a translator in this company before, so he is not sure how much should he pay me.

Since I want to be prepared for our meeting next week, I'd like to ask you, how much does a translator in Netherlands in full-time earn?

I work on a construction site of a power plant. Every day I'm translating documents and technical specifications, especially considering welding technology and built of an electrofilter. I also interprete daily about 3 hours long consecutively dialogs between polish and german engineers. Twice a month I'm translating simultanously conferences (about 4 hours long). My work considers working in an office on a construction site, but also interpreting on the erection place, as well as in the hight on the construction.

My contracte should be based on dutch law and should last until April 2014.
The employer covers also a part of my rent for an appartament (400 Euro/month).

How do you think - what money is "apropriate" for this job?

Sorry, if the question is kind of silly, but I have never worked in Netherlands before - I worked as a translator only in Poland, but the wages and law are definetely different than here
Collapse

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
what do you do, Jul 17, 2012

how much money do you make now
what do you want to do with your life
and what can your employer afford....

The "based on Dutch law" does not say how much you need to earn, it's just a number of vacation days, travel bonus, working hours, etc...

Technically it sounds like you need to know a little bit about power plants and other technical stuff...
So this makes you an "engineer" - - and you probably want around 4000-5000 euro. (or even more, depending
... See more
how much money do you make now
what do you want to do with your life
and what can your employer afford....

The "based on Dutch law" does not say how much you need to earn, it's just a number of vacation days, travel bonus, working hours, etc...

Technically it sounds like you need to know a little bit about power plants and other technical stuff...
So this makes you an "engineer" - - and you probably want around 4000-5000 euro. (or even more, depending on what the client was paying you before)
Especially since it's a fixed contract for 9 months, it sounds like you will not have any time to spend on your regular client base (i.e. you will loose clients!!). Any bonusses like 13th month, extra holidays, unpaid overtime, social securities, retirement fund etc is not really usefull for you)

You will have additional cost (double rent, buying household stuff, trip to Ikea, going out to dinner more often...) Plus, The Netherlands are likely a little more expensive...
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

loon vertaler in loondienst in Nederland

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »