Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Seeking volunteers to translate the site into Dutch (forgive me for posting in English)
Thread poster: Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 16:26
SITE STAFF
Nov 9, 2006

Dear ProZians,

Teams of volunteer members have been working hard over the last several months to localize ProZ.com into various languages. As a result of their efforts, it is already possible to use the site in any of the following languages besides English:

Spanish
Russian
Romanian
German
Portuguese (BR)
Hungarian
Latvian
Albanian

This localization effort will make this your language site even more user-friendly fo
... See more
Dear ProZians,

Teams of volunteer members have been working hard over the last several months to localize ProZ.com into various languages. As a result of their efforts, it is already possible to use the site in any of the following languages besides English:

Spanish
Russian
Romanian
German
Portuguese (BR)
Hungarian
Latvian
Albanian

This localization effort will make this your language site even more user-friendly for translators, interpreters, language service companies and end-clients all over the globe.

Now we are seeking volunteers and coordinators to help translate the site into additional languages. If you are interested in coordinating or volunteering to translate the site into Dutch, please let me know. I'd like to add that there will be compensation which includes special promotion throughout the site and also browniz for translating and checking words.

Preference will be given to our members, however, non-members may volunteer as well (note that in order to be a team leader you must be a member of the site).

The project is approximately 28,000 words with a deadline set for December 15th, 2006.

Please let me know if you are interested in the project and/or have any questions.

Regards,

Patrick
Collapse

reebecca (X)
reebecca (X)
Local time: 22:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
Translation of Proz.com into Dutch Nov 9, 2006

Count me in!

I am certainly interested!

Rebecca x

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
This would be great! Nov 9, 2006

Is this telepathy? Today I thought:"What a pity, that there isn't yet a Dutch version of Proz.com!"
Because we are almost invisible to the Dutch market.
I would appreciate it if my Dutch colleagues spend their time on this project. I promise: Free beer during the powwow in Breda january '07.
Ik hoop dat er vrijwilligers zijn!:-)
Groetjes Steffi

Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Here´s a vrijwilliger! Nov 9, 2006

I´ve sent some details to Patrick...

Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
always willing to help out........... Nov 9, 2006

Let me know what you need translated; I got a lot out of Proz, zo giving back a little bit is no more than logical to me.
(and being rewarded back through some kind of compensation is a nice bonus.......)

Cheers,

Laurens.

Marjon van den Bosch
Marjon van den Bosch  Identity Verified
United States
Dutch to English
+ ...
I will pitch in on Dutch proz site... Nov 10, 2006

Just let me know of specific needs! I too love proz.com, and, of course, if there is some compensation, that is great!

Marjon van den Bosch

p.s wish I could join Steffi in Breda for powwow, or the upcoming powwow in Utrecht, where my 2 brothers live. but sigh....not able to go to NL until Feb or March.

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Translation students Nov 10, 2006

I will send a link to this message to a translation student group (HWN) - I am sure there will be more keen volunteers!

They need a 'portfolio' of translations now for their Bacherlor's degree, so this might be an opportunity.

As I am involved in trying to rescue dogs in Spain, I have no spare capacity myself. My time is 'gone to the dogs'.

Good luck!

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Rebecca, Riens, Laurens, Marjon, Anjo dat is al heel wat Nov 10, 2006

Super, dat jullie zo snel reageren!
Dat kost heel wat tijd en inzet.
Ik heb er bewondering voor.
Maar jullie kunnen dit project later ook als referentie noemen. Dat staat wel goed:betrokken bij de Nederlandse versie van één van de grootste vertaalsites in het web.:-)
Ik neem aan dat het uitwisselen onder elkaar (wellicht door Proz gestuurd) ook soepel gaat en iedereen wat op kan steken van een collega.

Groetjes
Steffi

[Edited at 2006-11-10 11
... See more
Super, dat jullie zo snel reageren!
Dat kost heel wat tijd en inzet.
Ik heb er bewondering voor.
Maar jullie kunnen dit project later ook als referentie noemen. Dat staat wel goed:betrokken bij de Nederlandse versie van één van de grootste vertaalsites in het web.:-)
Ik neem aan dat het uitwisselen onder elkaar (wellicht door Proz gestuurd) ook soepel gaat en iedereen wat op kan steken van een collega.

Groetjes
Steffi

[Edited at 2006-11-10 11:07]
Collapse

Joost Elshoff (X)
Joost Elshoff (X)  Identity Verified
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Count me in Nov 11, 2006

I'd love to participate, even though my primary working pair is Spanish -> Dutch.

And I most certainly could do with the experience

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Probably after December 22th Nov 11, 2006

Though I'll keep using the international interface, I could do some translation work.
Till said date I need to work very hard, because I'm afraid above mentioned beer fund won't fit my needs. Outsourcer calls that deadline!
So, probably I have some time between the tree and New Year's Eve (which here is called Old Year's Eve = oudejaarsavond)

Hendrika Müller
Hendrika Müller  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Count me in Nov 14, 2006

Here's a 'vrijwilliger' too. You can count me in!

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent! I've created a localization team Nov 14, 2006

Hey ProZians,

Thanks so much for your interest in helping with the localization project!

Here is a link to the Dutch localization team:

http://www.proz.com/teams/490

An important part of the project would be to have some of the more experienced translators proofread the translations that are uploaded on the site.

Also, a team leader would b
... See more
Hey ProZians,

Thanks so much for your interest in helping with the localization project!

Here is a link to the Dutch localization team:

http://www.proz.com/teams/490

An important part of the project would be to have some of the more experienced translators proofread the translations that are uploaded on the site.

Also, a team leader would be helpful as well. Anyone interested?

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
I'm willing to help, let me know what I can do. Nov 16, 2006

I'm definitely interested, let me know what needs to be done and I'll join in.
My 'core business' is translating, but I'm sure there's a lot more to this than just translating, so call on me for whatever is needed.
Seems like a good chance to broaden my experience!

Regards,
Margreet

Petra Van Caneghem
Petra Van Caneghem
English to Dutch
+ ...
and another one... Nov 18, 2006

Great !
I would love to help out...
Proz has helped me a lot to start up my business, so if there is something I can do in return...
just give me a yell!
Petra

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
String for search engines Dec 16, 2006

Ik translate the file "common" including the string that is used by search engines for indexing the site. Such string is made up of a lot of terms, seperated by a comma. Here's the English one:

translators, translation service, translation, translation jobs, freelance translators, spanish translation, english to spanish translation, language translator, professional translation, interpreter, spanish translation service, french translation service, italian translation service,
... See more
Ik translate the file "common" including the string that is used by search engines for indexing the site. Such string is made up of a lot of terms, seperated by a comma. Here's the English one:

translators, translation service, translation, translation jobs, freelance translators, spanish translation, english to spanish translation, language translator, professional translation, interpreter, spanish translation service, french translation service, italian translation service, german translation service, japanese translation service, translator interpreter, language translation services, translation agencies

In my opinion it's quite poorly filled and asked if I was allowed to adapt and extend it widely. Got this permission and would like to ask you which language pairs and so on should be included. Until now, I found this terms:

vertalers, vertaaldiensten, vertalingen, vertaalopdrachten, zelfstandig vertalers, freelance vertalers, freelancers, tolken, tolk-vertalers, conferentietolken, simultaan tolken, vertaalbureau's, vertaalagentschappen, Nederlandse vertalingen, Vlaamse vertalingen, Engelse vertalingen, Duitse vertalingen, Franse vertalingen, Spaanse vertalingen, Italiaanse vertalingen, Portugese vertalingen, Russische vertalingen, Poolse vertalingen, Zweedse vertalingen, Japanse vertalingen, Deense vertalingen, taalservices, linguïstische services, taaldiensten, linguïstiek, copywriting, technisch schrijvers.

Please tell me what should be included. It's hardly any effort to include it and it could attract clients, and that's what Proz wants:

http://www.commonsenseadvisory.com/news/global_watchtower_one.php?wat_id=326
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Seeking volunteers to translate the site into Dutch (forgive me for posting in English)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »