Come to powwow in Klaipėda, Lithuania!
Thread poster: Ernestas Lomsargis
Ernestas Lomsargis
Ernestas Lomsargis  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
English to Lithuanian
In memoriam
Sep 19, 2007

Let me inform you about translators' powwow being organized in Klaipėda, Lithuania, on International Translator's Day, Sep. 29, 2007.

Lithuanian ProZ community should like to share hospitality with Estonian ProZ community and invite fellow translators to take an international trip to our powwow (hopefully, we will also be able to call it international) in Klaipėda on Saturday, September 29, 2007.

As you may find in pow
... See more
Let me inform you about translators' powwow being organized in Klaipėda, Lithuania, on International Translator's Day, Sep. 29, 2007.

Lithuanian ProZ community should like to share hospitality with Estonian ProZ community and invite fellow translators to take an international trip to our powwow (hopefully, we will also be able to call it international) in Klaipėda on Saturday, September 29, 2007.

As you may find in powwow website http://www.proz.com/powwow/1654, the headline of this powwow is "Not only at the table..." It is not a secret that our profession takes a great deal of our lives "at the table", i.e. we are always sitting, hardly working, and feeling serious deficiency of physical movement. Not adding anything better to this, our powwows have also been just sitting at some table in café or elsewhere.

So, the idea behind the headline is to have a powwow partially or completely different from all powwows we had so far by getting away from table and taking some entertainment that involves physical movement. Of course, I do not offer to have a football or basketball match, but having fun, e.g. in bowling club would be a fun and truly relaxed and informal atmosphere of meeting.

Although not much time is left, I invite you in any way to register in powwow website, discuss and offer your nice and fun ideas. We will be happy to make a powwow that will satisfy everybody's interests and will be something that will be strongly wanted again immediately after we go back to our homes and works.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions and offer your brilliant and even craziest ideas in website http://www.proz.com/powwow/1654 and/or via e-mail [email protected]

Another information that may be important to you – we will be able to offer free "bed-and-breakfast" in our homes for some of you. However, please let us know your wishes good time in advance, as space is not limitless.

I hope, we will meet very soon!

Best regards

Ernestas Lomsargis
Organizer
http://www.proz.com/powwow/1654
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Come to powwow in Klaipėda, Lithuania!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »