Sworn translation in France
Thread poster: Lorenzo Lilli

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:24
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 19, 2008

Hi everybody,
first of all sorry for writing in English (French is not in my working language pairs though I understand a bit of it). I was wondering if you need some kind of certification to provide sworn translations in France. This has nothing to do with my job, I'm just searching information as a favour to a relative of mine who has to provide the translation of a certificate to an institution in France (I'll have more precise information on Monday). By the way, are rules the same in the whole country or could they be different from one region, city etc. to another? Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Yes Jul 19, 2008

To provide a sworn translation, you must be a sworn translator. So that means you have to go sucessfully through the recruitment process for sworn translators at courts.

And that's the same in the whole country.

Sworn translators are chosen on a local basis (by each local court), but their sworn translations are valid in the whole country.

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 20, 2008

Hi Sophie, thanks a lot for your replyicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn translation in France

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search