https://www.proz.com/forum/french/11418-nouvelle_forme_de_paiement_%3F_m%3Fditer.html

Nouvelle forme de paiement à méditer ?
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
Member (2003)
German to French
May 29, 2003

Bonjour à tous,
Certains d'entre vous ont peut-être reçu eux aussi cette offre de traduction, qui me laisse plutôt... pantois. Je tenais à vous la faire partager:

"We have an FAQ (in Word format) for translation. It is ca. 7250 words and needs to be translated into French for France. (...).

The ideal translator is young at heart and lives in the San Diego area and can come into the office but I will consider translators in France – nowhere else, please. (.
... See more
Bonjour à tous,
Certains d'entre vous ont peut-être reçu eux aussi cette offre de traduction, qui me laisse plutôt... pantois. Je tenais à vous la faire partager:

"We have an FAQ (in Word format) for translation. It is ca. 7250 words and needs to be translated into French for France. (...).

The ideal translator is young at heart and lives in the San Diego area and can come into the office but I will consider translators in France – nowhere else, please. (...).

We are a startup company and cannot pay cash! Instead, we offer stock options at a low price. The idea is that someone getting options is motivated to do well in order to increase the value of those shares. If you need cash, or cannot take the risk -- those are perfectly legitimate concerns -- this project is not for you. Please do not respond if you do not feel comfortable with this proposal. No agencies, please."

Voilà, bonne journée à tous.
Collapse

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:31
English to French
Lol May 29, 2003

Sylvain Leray wrote:

Bonjour à tous,

The ideal translator is young at heart and lives in the San Diego area and can come into the office but I will consider translators in France – nowhere else, please. (...).

We are a startup company and cannot pay cash! Instead, we offer stock options at a low price. The idea is that someone getting options is motivated to do well in order to increase the value of those shares. If you need cash, or cannot take the risk -- those are perfectly legitimate concerns -- this project is not for you. Please do not respond if you do not feel comfortable with this proposal. No agencies, please."

Voilà, bonne journée à tous.

Pas mal, pas mal. Pourquoi pas? mais je ne suis pas sûr que le resto du coin soit d'accord, au cas où je voudrais répercuter l'offre.

Je peux comprendre le raisonnement, mais si il y a des risques, ils doivent être payés, outre le délais pour obtenir le bénéfice des options et les formalités de reventes des options pour avoir du cash, en fin de compte.

Donc, sauf si le projet est payé 4 fois le tarif normal, ça ne vaut pas le coup, à mon avis.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:31
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Finalement May 30, 2003

C'était pas trop mal, le deal qu'on me proposait, avec des produits de beauté en échange d'interprétation, au moins c'était du concret.
Je n'accepterais que si
1) Je n'avais pas besoin d'argent
et
2) que j'étais amie des proprios de la boîte
en fait, je le ferais par amitié et ne me ferais aucune illusion sur les actions. Et si elles rapportaient, je le prendrais comme une prime...Je ne cadre pas dans leur profil idéal...

medical (X)
medical (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
peut être je n´ai pas bien compris May 30, 2003

mais je pense que la phrase "Instead, we offer stock options at a low price. " veut dire on ne vous pas mais on vous permet d´acheter nos actions à bas prix, donc payer pour travailler.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nouvelle forme de paiement à méditer ?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »