Czech Republic
Local time: 18:41
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 16, 2009

Sorry for writing in English here, but perhaps someone understands:

Could anyone advise me:

If I go to France and buy a French SIM card / new number there, how (from what operator) can I buy for example a prepaid week or month that would cover unlimited internet mobile connection using the same SIM card?

Basically I don't care about any specific operator, I only would like to know how to have a possibility to surf or use GPS and don't have to care about meg
... See more
Sorry for writing in English here, but perhaps someone understands:

Could anyone advise me:

If I go to France and buy a French SIM card / new number there, how (from what operator) can I buy for example a prepaid week or month that would cover unlimited internet mobile connection using the same SIM card?

Basically I don't care about any specific operator, I only would like to know how to have a possibility to surf or use GPS and don't have to care about megabytes transferred or minutes spent on-line...

If there is some up-do-date webpage about this, that would be great.

Thanks for any hints.
Collapse

PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Quelques marques (A few brands...) Oct 17, 2009

Tomas Mosler wrote:

If there is some up-do-date webpage about this, that would be great.

Thanks for any hints.

Quelques sites Internet :

Virgin Mobile
http://www.virginmobile.fr/nos-offres/cartes-prepayees.htm

Orange France Télécom :
http://boutique.orange.fr/ESHOP_mx_orange/?tp=php&donnee_appel=FTASN&IDCible=1&type=4&code_rubrique=5-504008

Bouygues Télécom :
http://www.laboutique.bouyguestelecom.fr/12-carte-bouygues-telecom-gamme.html

SFR :
http://www.sfr.fr/mobile/forfaits-mobile.jspe

etc.

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
It may not be possible... Oct 17, 2009

AFAIK to use prepaid cards for Internet browsing.

(Pas forcément possible d'utiliser des cartes prépayées pour surfer sur le Net - traduction libre).

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Virgin Mobile "Tout illimité sans engagement" Oct 17, 2009

AFAIK, for the time being in France there is only Virgin Mobile's "Tout illimité sans engagement" (Unlimited without any commitment) that corresponds to your needs.

You can pay 90,90 € by Credit card to order the SIM for first month, but they will ask you a RIB (Bank identity record) in France (possible by a friend in France) as a guaranty. A few days before you leave, call them to cancel. If you forget to cancel, they will continue to take 89.90 €/month.

They say
... See more
AFAIK, for the time being in France there is only Virgin Mobile's "Tout illimité sans engagement" (Unlimited without any commitment) that corresponds to your needs.

You can pay 90,90 € by Credit card to order the SIM for first month, but they will ask you a RIB (Bank identity record) in France (possible by a friend in France) as a guaranty. A few days before you leave, call them to cancel. If you forget to cancel, they will continue to take 89.90 €/month.

They say they have sb who speaks English.

http://www.virginmobile.fr/panier.htm

D'après ce que je sais, pour le moment en France il n'y a que de Virgin Mobile "Tout
illimité sans engagement " qui correspond à vos besoins.

Vous pouvez payer 90,90 € par carte de crédit pour commander la carte SIM pour le premier mois, mais Ils vous demanderont un RIB en France (possible par un ami en France) comme une garantie. Quelques jours avant votre départ, appelez-les pour annuler. Si vous oubliez d'annuler, on continue à prélever 89,90€/mois.

Ils disent qu'ils ont qqn qui parle anglais.

[Edited at 2009-10-17 12:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-17 12:32 GMT]
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Hotspots FreeWifi Oct 18, 2009

Tu peux aussi essayer Hotspots FreeWifi pour naviguer gratuitement dans l'Hexagone si tu as un ami chez FREE. Il faudrait qu'il configure ton netbook ou ordinateur portable avec son Freebox HD avant.

Voir : http://www.free.fr/adsl/pages/internet/connexion/acces-hotspot-wifiFree.html

Il doit être possible chez d'autres opérateurs.... See more
Tu peux aussi essayer Hotspots FreeWifi pour naviguer gratuitement dans l'Hexagone si tu as un ami chez FREE. Il faudrait qu'il configure ton netbook ou ordinateur portable avec son Freebox HD avant.

Voir : http://www.free.fr/adsl/pages/internet/connexion/acces-hotspot-wifiFree.html

Il doit être possible chez d'autres opérateurs.

You can also try FreeWifi Hotspots to surf for free in France if your friend has FREE as his ISP. He has to set up your laptop or netbook with his Freebox HD first.

It should be possible with other ISPs.
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
thanks Oct 18, 2009

Thanks for all your answers!

To clarify - I have no close person in France to use their bank identity or (additional) ISP services.

I'm a bit surprised that the cheapest option should be 90 eur / month (involving bank identity trouble), because in the Czech Republic I can get the same unlimited service from one of local operators for one month for just 150 CZK, which is about 6 euro - and no-one asks about my bank account etc., I can simply buy a SIM card, "load" some c
... See more

To clarify - I have no close person in France to use their bank identity or (additional) ISP services.

I'm a bit surprised that the cheapest option should be 90 eur / month (involving bank identity trouble), because in the Czech Republic I can get the same unlimited service from one of local operators for one month for just 150 CZK, which is about 6 euro - and no-one asks about my bank account etc., I can simply buy a SIM card, "load" some credit and then order the internet service.
Collapse

PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Fil fermé. Oct 18, 2009

Tomas Mosler wrote:

Tomas,

Glad you received the info you were looking for.

If you require additional info, I suggest that you do so by sending messages to the people who've answered you through their profiles.

I'm now locking this thread.

(Traduction libre : Fil fermé puisque Tomas a obtenu les réponses qu'il souhaitait. Pour plus de précisions, je lui ai conseillé d'utiliser les profils des participants à ce fil.)

[Edited at 2009-10-18 19:01 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-18 19:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

France - phone cards (coupons for cell. phones) + SIM query

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »