Yolanda Morato
Yolanda Morato  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:31
English
+ ...
Mar 18, 2002

Hi everybody,

This is a quick message to remind fellow translators that the Powwow for Caen (13 April) is now open for votes

Since I\'m just the only person at this moment, I\'d like to encourage people to attend and get to know each other. Caen is a nice place to meet and, if the weather helps us, we\'ll have a \"journée formidable!!!\"

See you there...

PS. I\'m
... See more
Hi everybody,

This is a quick message to remind fellow translators that the Powwow for Caen (13 April) is now open for votes

Since I\'m just the only person at this moment, I\'d like to encourage people to attend and get to know each other. Caen is a nice place to meet and, if the weather helps us, we\'ll have a \"journée formidable!!!\"

See you there...

PS. I\'m a bilingual English/Spanish \"fan\" of France, so I hope more multicultural people show up.

Collapse

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
About Powwow in Caen. Mar 18, 2002

Hi,

Too far from home, but you could take people with you in the old train which allows visiting the \"Suisse Normande\", which goes from and to (aller et retour) Caen-La Prairie>Clécy-Le Vey. I was visiting the region with friends living at Thury-Harcourt (where there\'s a train stop), they took me for this promenade. A very fantastic souvenir. That\'s so beautiful, so pleasant to travel in an old \"Micheline\" train, (a very good \"ambiance\") ; people who drive and maintain the tr
... See more
Hi,

Too far from home, but you could take people with you in the old train which allows visiting the \"Suisse Normande\", which goes from and to (aller et retour) Caen-La Prairie>Clécy-Le Vey. I was visiting the region with friends living at Thury-Harcourt (where there\'s a train stop), they took me for this promenade. A very fantastic souvenir. That\'s so beautiful, so pleasant to travel in an old \"Micheline\" train, (a very good \"ambiance\") ; people who drive and maintain the train are all volunteers, and so nice people (one of them was a splendid fire man ) We had a very good lunch at the \"Moulin of Clécy\", where you arrived around 12h30 and that you left around 15h00 to go back. Except on summer, the train works on saturdays, sundays and feasts. It takes about 2 hours for going to Clécy, + 2 hours back + the time for lunch. I have here the old program with the phone of the central station which is the one of Thury Harcourt, Postal code : 14220 Phone number (old one, maybe to be checked : 02 31 79 02 02). At least the Caen\'s Office de Tourisme can give you the current info. Do enjoy your trip, if you do that !!
Collapse

Yolanda Morato
Yolanda Morato  Identity Verified
Spain
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great souvenir! Mar 19, 2002

Dear Catherine and all!

Thanks for this fantastic souvenir, which will be of great help, even if the Powwow isn\'t finally held (come on everybody, sign up

My brother is coming from London for a short visit (one week) and would be lovely to take him around. I\'m sure we will enjoy it a lot!

So fingers crossed for the weather!

Kindly,

Yolanda

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
About the Suise normande train Mar 27, 2002

and your brother\'s journey :

Dear Yolanda,

Don\'t worry if your brother is coming for Easter, the weather will be nice, though a little windy. Please, do enjoy it !

Happy easter to the whole family ! and to all the Pro-Z members;

Al the best

Catherine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow à Caen

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »