Off-topic: request for a favor mailing a letter in Paris
Thread poster: Akoma
Akoma
Akoma
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 16, 2005

Hello everyone,
this is a request for a favor from a Russian member of the Proz who is not proficient in French, but hopes nonetheless that someone on this board knows English and will understand the message. I need to send a text 2 or 3 pages long to a person living in a Paris suburb. This person doesn't have an email or a fax, and Russian postal services are notoriously unreliable. So I hope that someone living in Paris may do me a favor, receive the piece of text via email, print it ou
... See more
Hello everyone,
this is a request for a favor from a Russian member of the Proz who is not proficient in French, but hopes nonetheless that someone on this board knows English and will understand the message. I need to send a text 2 or 3 pages long to a person living in a Paris suburb. This person doesn't have an email or a fax, and Russian postal services are notoriously unreliable. So I hope that someone living in Paris may do me a favor, receive the piece of text via email, print it out and mail to the address I provide.

Although the text in question is a translation, it's not a JOB (otherwise I wouldn't be asking anyone for this kind of favor), but a friendly favor to a person whom I hold dear (and who retired from service many years ago).

In return, I promise to do a similar favor here, in StPetersburg, where I live.

If you're willing to help, please email me to
vit_aleksan (-----) yahoo (dot) fr

Thanks in advance
Collapse

hirselina
hirselina
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
St Petersburg Apr 16, 2005

You might want to contact your embassy in Paris and ask if they can help you.

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:59
Italian to English
+ ...
I wonder if you could post it as a job??? Apr 16, 2005

Hi,
**Sorry to revise my post but I've had a look on the "Post Job" form and I'm not sure whether you can post a job like that. It might be wise to check with site staff.**

Good luck.

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:59
English to French
Not post, post! Apr 16, 2005

Amy Williams wrote:

Hi,
**Sorry to revise my post but I've had a look on the "Post Job" form and I'm not sure whether you can post a job like that. It might be wise to check with site staff.**

Good luck.

[Edited at 2005-04-16 18:28]

[Edited at 2005-04-16 18:29]

As in "going to the post office". What he is asking is for someone to print the letter, go to the post office and mail it.

(I am in Thailand, so I can't help on that)

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:59
Italian to English
+ ...
oh Sylver, you misunderstood.... Apr 16, 2005

I know he needs it posted - I was just suggesting that they use the job posting form on Proz to post it as a "job" with no payment. I imagine this would reach a wider audience. However I'm not sure whether posting jobs like that is OK or not.

Christine Biloré
Christine Biloré  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:59
English to French
+ ...
The letter will be mailed on monday! Apr 17, 2005

Hi everybody!

I've offered this member to mail her letter. I've received it, printed it out and I'll send it on Monday first hour directly from France!

In exchange, I've just asked for some help if ever I get stuck with a russian translation.

So, no need to look more!

Chris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Off-topic: request for a favor mailing a letter in Paris

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »