HOW TO transfer jpg/pdf content to WORD doc
Thread poster: alx
alx
alx  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:21
English to French
+ ...
May 24, 2005

I have scanned docs to translate and can't work directly on them as I do not own the right software, can somebody help please it's urgent?

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
JPG files May 24, 2005

Not sure if you need to know how to insert the file or just how to work on it. (I am referring only to .jpg files here as I'm not too confident myself about handling PDF).
In Word, from "Insert" menu select "Picture", and from that select "From File", which will bring up a panel enabling you to select the file.
You can work on .jpg files in most forms of photographic software (e.g. PhotoShop or Camedia), or if you don't have any, you can use Paint - but paint will convert it to a .b
... See more
Not sure if you need to know how to insert the file or just how to work on it. (I am referring only to .jpg files here as I'm not too confident myself about handling PDF).
In Word, from "Insert" menu select "Picture", and from that select "From File", which will bring up a panel enabling you to select the file.
You can work on .jpg files in most forms of photographic software (e.g. PhotoShop or Camedia), or if you don't have any, you can use Paint - but paint will convert it to a .bmp file so you will have to convert it back to .jpg afterwards (I do this using "ConversionPlus" software, but there may be ways of doing it without special software).
Collapse

eirinn
eirinn  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:21
English to French
+ ...
traitement du fichier pdf May 24, 2005

avec un programme OCR type Omnipage.

En tout cas, pour le pdf, tu peux me l'envoyer ([email protected]), je vais te le passer à la moulinette Omnipage. Pour le jpg, j'avoue que je ne sais pas. Quand je regarde dans mon programme scanner, j'ai une option pour "texte modifiable" avec une option OCR (que je n'ai jamais utilisée) et je suppose que ca devrait scanner un document image pour en faire un document word exploitable. Mais de quelle qualité, je ne sais pas. Regarde dans
... See more
avec un programme OCR type Omnipage.

En tout cas, pour le pdf, tu peux me l'envoyer ([email protected]), je vais te le passer à la moulinette Omnipage. Pour le jpg, j'avoue que je ne sais pas. Quand je regarde dans mon programme scanner, j'ai une option pour "texte modifiable" avec une option OCR (que je n'ai jamais utilisée) et je suppose que ca devrait scanner un document image pour en faire un document word exploitable. Mais de quelle qualité, je ne sais pas. Regarde dans ton programme de scanner les options que tu as.
Collapse

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:21
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
For PDF May 25, 2005

You can put Adobe Reader in select mode, then select and copy text, so long as there is real text in the PDF. Any part that is not text, you would put the Reader into a different mode - don't know what it's called, but the icon is next to select on the menu bar - and enclose the portion you want copied by dragging the mouse around it.

If your PDF is strictly a picture, you will need OCR software. These can also work with your JPG, I believe.

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:21
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
french please ;O) May 25, 2005

Je ne veux pas jouer les râleuses, mais ce forum est un forum francophone

Emmanuelle

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
Member (2003)
German to French
Le deuxième râleur :) May 25, 2005

Je me joins à Emmanuelle et ajoute que ce sujet a été traité au moins trouze mille fois dans les multiples forums de ce site, et qu'un "how-to" y a même été consacré pour éviter l'accumulation des fils.
Une recherche avec les mots clés pdf et conversion ou word donnera toutes les pistes.

Sylvain

alx
alx  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trop aimables ! May 25, 2005

Sylvain Leray wrote:

Je me joins à Emmanuelle et ajoute que ce sujet a été traité au moins trouze mille fois dans les multiples forums de ce site, et qu'un "how-to" y a même été consacré pour éviter l'accumulation des fils.
Une recherche avec les mots clés pdf et conversion ou word donnera toutes les pistes.

Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HOW TO transfer jpg/pdf content to WORD doc

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »