https://www.proz.com/forum/fun_with_images/229532-those_pesky_little_english_prepositions.html

Off topic: Those pesky little English prepositions
Thread poster: Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:02
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Jul 23, 2012

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:02
Greek to English
In memoriam
Thanks Jul 23, 2012

That made me laugh out of the heart of my bottom.

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:02
German to English
+ ...
That means... Jul 23, 2012

That must mean they don't eat it themselves.

Nicole: is that café run by immigrants in the USA or in a different country and this leaflet is for English-speaking tourists?

Oliver

Mailand
Mailand  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:02
Member (2009)
Italian to German
+ ...
probably Jul 23, 2012

cadmium-laden...

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:02
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
I have no idea Jul 23, 2012

Oliver Walter wrote:

Nicole: is that café run by immigrants in the USA or in a different country and this leaflet is for English-speaking tourists?

Oliver

I found this gem here:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/headlines/

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Those pesky little English prepositions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »