Off topic: Some misconceptions and some facts about (freelance) translators (video)
Thread poster: RominaZ

RominaZ  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 25, 2012

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

Hi all,

If you have enjoyed the recent Failed in translation video you cannot miss this new video on Some misconceptions and some facts about (freelance) translators.

Do you have any other misconception or fact to add to this list?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alison Sparks  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:20
French to English
+ ...
I love it Oct 25, 2012

The whole thing is just great, and the background music fits so well too.

It's the bit about pyjamas which is me!!!

I'm having a super day so far, what with an e-card for my birthday which made me roar with laughter, and now this video. It's one big cheesy grin day

Thanks Romina

texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Awesome Oct 26, 2012

Thanks, that was so funny!

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:20
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
How true! Oct 26, 2012

I enjoyed it - especially the salsa music (well, you could dance salsa to it (while thinking about translation) - I'm a keen salsista.

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:20
French to German
+ ...
Thanks Oct 26, 2012

I really enjoyed that. And the bit about the pyjamas is certainly me as well.

Would have loved to watch the "Failed in translation" video as well, but – of course – it is not available in Germany...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Some misconceptions and some facts about (freelance) translators (video)

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search