Off topic: Some misconceptions and some facts about (freelance) translators (video)
Thread poster: RominaZ

RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 25, 2012

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

Hi all,

If you have enjoyed the recent Failed in translation video you cannot miss this new video on Some misconceptions and some facts about (freelance) translators.

Do you have any other misconception or fact to add to this list?

Romina

Direct link Reply with quote

Alison Sparks  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:59
French to English
+ ...
I love it Oct 25, 2012

The whole thing is just great, and the background music fits so well too.

It's the bit about pyjamas which is me!!!

I'm having a super day so far, what with an e-card for my birthday which made me roar with laughter, and now this video. It's one big cheesy grin day

Thanks Romina

texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:59
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Awesome Oct 26, 2012

Thanks, that was so funny!

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:59
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
How true! Oct 26, 2012

I enjoyed it - especially the salsa music (well, you could dance salsa to it (while thinking about translation) - I'm a keen salsista.
Jenny

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:59
French to German
+ ...
Thanks Oct 26, 2012

I really enjoyed that. And the bit about the pyjamas is certainly me as well.

Would have loved to watch the "Failed in translation" video as well, but – of course – it is not available in Germany...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Some misconceptions and some facts about (freelance) translators (video)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search