Off topic: Say it in "llama" font!
Thread poster: RominaZ

RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2011

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

What?

What is Llama Font? It's a font made of llamas. Use it to write out any message you'd like.

It's especially helpful in taking the edge off of bad news. Need to send a harsh message to a loved one? Helvetica is cold. Say it in llama.

Need to make a confession? Times New Roman is just rude. Say it in llama.

Here are some examples

Source: Macmillan Dictionary Blog

Here is an example I created myself of the kind of bad news related to translation that could be passed using "llama" font.

You can type your own message here

Can you think of any other news related to translation/interpreting that would be better said in "llama"?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Who needs llamas? Oct 4, 2011

No, just kiddin', just love your llamas

Wolfgang Vogt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:16
English to German
+ ...
llamafyme Oct 4, 2011

LLAMAFYME! nice one!

Werner Maurer  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
fonts Oct 4, 2011

I must say I'm glad they didn't have fonts like this in the 17th and 18th centuries, otherwise we might be reading Swift or Pope in them!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Say it in "llama" font!

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search