https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/113753-kudoz_toolbar_not_compatible_with_the_latest_version_of_firefox.html

kudoz toolbar not compatible with the latest version of Firefox
Thread poster: Pavle Perencevic
Pavle Perencevic
Pavle Perencevic  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:47
Member (2002)
Serbian to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2008

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox v. 3.0.1. last night, and, lo and behold, the kudoz toolbar, a handy little thing, disappeared

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:47
Spanish
+ ...
Quicksearches Aug 27, 2008

Hello Pavle,

I'm sorry I can't help you with the toolbar. But have you tried setting a quicksearch?

Here's part of an article that I wrote:

* QuickSearches

By far one of the best Firefox features. Quicksearches allows the user to assign keywords shortcuts in order to perform searches, so instead of opening a web site, type the term and click on Search, Go, etc, the query can be done directly from the address Toolbar. For instance, instead of going to the KudoZ page, entering the term I'm looking for and hit search, I just type 'kz [whatever term I'm looking for]' and the page is automatically directed to the results. It saves a lot of time. In order to create a Quick Search entry, place the cursor on the search field, right-click and select 'Add keyword for this search', the keyword is bookmarked. Tip: By default, the Quicksearch Bookmark is stored with the rest of the Bookmark, but I prefer to store it in a folder named Quicksearches to keep them organized.

Some of my Quicksearches are: the Blue Board - bb, KudoZ - kz, Word Reference English to Spanish - ws, WordReference Spanish to English - wd, Acronym Finder - a, DRAE - e, Thesaurus - t, etc. The key is to use a keyword that is going to be easier to remember.

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:47
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Download it again Aug 27, 2008

I had the same problem this afternoon... but have solved it by downloading it again here http://www.proz.com/toolbar/

Florence

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
WOW! Aug 27, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Here's part of an article that I wrote:

* QuickSearches

By far one of the best Firefox features. Quicksearches allows the user to assign keywords shortcuts in order to perform searches, so instead of opening a web site, type the term and click on Search, Go, etc, the query can be done directly from the address Toolbar. For instance, instead of going to the KudoZ page, entering the term I'm looking for and hit search, I just type 'kz [whatever term I'm looking for]' and the page is automatically directed to the results. It saves a lot of time.

Claudia,

Thank you for sharing that! I didn't know anything about Quicksearches but I'm going to try it!

Patricia

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:47
Spanish
+ ...
Very useful Aug 27, 2008

Yes, it is very useful. Actually somebody else posted it here in the forums, but I could never find that thread. Thanks to him.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:47
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
There are two ways to cope with the issue Aug 28, 2008

a) disable security check for addons (search the Web);
b) install the latest build of the toolbar (it's fine with FF 3.0 on Windows and FF 3.0.1 on openSUSE Linux 10.3).

Mauricio Zoch
Mauricio Zoch  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
New version Aug 28, 2008

Hi all, we upload a new version of this toolbar few weeks ago but you need to download it again to work, it's not an update.

Mauricio

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:47
French to English
+ ...
Is the new version OK with Avast? Aug 28, 2008

Hi Mauricio,

Do you happen to know if the new version is compatible with Avast? I had a problem a few months ago with Avast identifying the toolbar as a virus, and whilst I eventually persuaded it to let me use it, I still get a warning from Avast every time I click on the internet, which is a bit wearing to say the least. However, I don't want to download the new one and risk it disappearing altogether....

Thanks.

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

kudoz toolbar not compatible with the latest version of Firefox

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »