Formatting dates in Visio
Thread poster: OnePlanet

OnePlanet
Local time: 11:25
Member (2004)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2008

I am currently using Microsoft Visio 2003 and need to format the dates for a European and Asian audience. Whenever, I click in each box, I can type a new date, such as changing 3/17/2008 to 17/3/2008, but as soon as I click out, it changes back to 3/17/2008. I have searched Microsoft's Help as well as all of Visio and cannot find a solution to this. How do I format dates or how can I get what I type to remain in the box? Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
German to English
+ ...
maybe... Oct 24, 2008

I have no idea whether this is the right answer, but given MS's penchant for trying to do everything for you even if it's not what you want, it might be that the date format is chosen automatically according to the selected language attribute. In any case, it wouldn't hurt to try changing the language setting to see what happens.

Update:>
From a bit of cursory googling, it appears that the format in 'general' date fields (e.g. header or footer) follows your system settings, so you will have to change your system language (e.g. to UK English) to get the European date format. However, if you are working with an inserted field, you can specify the format in the same way as with a date field in Word.

[Edited at 2008-10-24 20:58]

OnePlanet
Local time: 11:25
Member (2004)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it does depend on the settings... Oct 27, 2008

Thank you very much. The solution was, in fact, that you had to change the Regional language settings on your computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formatting dates in Visio

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search