Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:28
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 26, 2003

Hi,

I have a Visio diagram embedded in Word. Each time I click on the diagram, I can edit it. However, when I close the Visio diagram to return to Word, the diagram appears miniscule, so you can't see it. Click on the diagram again, and the English translation is there and it's fine.

Does anyone know how to make sure Word displays Visio diagrams correctly once you've translated them?

I'm using Visio 2002 and Word 2002.

Thanks,

Joa
... See more
Hi,

I have a Visio diagram embedded in Word. Each time I click on the diagram, I can edit it. However, when I close the Visio diagram to return to Word, the diagram appears miniscule, so you can't see it. Click on the diagram again, and the English translation is there and it's fine.

Does anyone know how to make sure Word displays Visio diagrams correctly once you've translated them?

I'm using Visio 2002 and Word 2002.

Thanks,

Joanne
Collapse

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
Enlarge the screen in Word to 200% Jun 26, 2003

or so to reveal the Visio picture. I have worked in Visio, it wasn't that difficult, but I'm not sure if you can work in it if you don't have the software on your computer. If it is not too complex, you could try to recreate it in Power Point or something. Check with your client as you cannot be asked to work miracles. I often get pictures in all types of different exotic software that I do not own and I just type the translation in a different file with the source and target texts plus appropri... See more
or so to reveal the Visio picture. I have worked in Visio, it wasn't that difficult, but I'm not sure if you can work in it if you don't have the software on your computer. If it is not too complex, you could try to recreate it in Power Point or something. Check with your client as you cannot be asked to work miracles. I often get pictures in all types of different exotic software that I do not own and I just type the translation in a different file with the source and target texts plus appropriate page numbers.

Good luck,
Marijke

[Edited at 2003-06-26 21:13]
Collapse

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:28
English to Spanish
I tried to reproduce your problem... Jun 27, 2003

but I couldn´t find any such error (I use the same Visio and Word versions as you do). Perhaps it´s simply a refreshing problem. Have you tried saving and opening the document again?. Do the drawings still seem small?.

If that doesn´t work send me a page of the orginal and a page after you translate it and I´ll see if I can solve it (Visio is an old friend of mine...). I am assuming of course there are no confidentiality issues involved!.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any Visio experts out there?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »