Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:00
English to German
+ ...
Jul 2, 2003

dear colleagues

translating a web site I became aware of the difficulties to handle Javascipt parts of the file,

actually it would be the best to exclude all Javascript, I tried in the DTD settings,
but I didn't achieve,
is there a way to exclude it for the analyse and the translation,
otherwise some links and other words appear as translatable and billable

thanks for any hint

bye

Noe

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:00
Swedish to English
+ ...
Reason for not excluding Javascript Jul 2, 2003

This is not the answer to your question, but just to point out that JavaScript may contain error messages to be shown to the user. That should therefore be translated, while leaving the rest of the JavaScript severely alone.

Noe Tessmann
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Javascript TagEditor word count Jul 2, 2003

Hello Lars Peter,

thank you for your answer, but that is the Problem, there is translatable stuff in the javascipt part, if I see it right, TagEditor is not able to handle Javascipt, with the default html setting, he confuse everything, gives the links in the javascript as translatable and there is no way to translate the "onmouse over text" for expample, had to do everything with search and replace function in the editor,

I would like to exclude javascript to have a pr
... See more
Hello Lars Peter,

thank you for your answer, but that is the Problem, there is translatable stuff in the javascipt part, if I see it right, TagEditor is not able to handle Javascipt, with the default html setting, he confuse everything, gives the links in the javascript as translatable and there is no way to translate the "onmouse over text" for expample, had to do everything with search and replace function in the editor,

I would like to exclude javascript to have a proper word count, with the repetitions

the translatable javasript part I can count with Webbudget, which doesn't give me the matching rates and repititions

any idea on that?

bye

Noe
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Try TW_users Jul 2, 2003

Hi Noe,
I don't know if you're a member of TW_users - certainly worth posting your question there.

Henry, if you read this - could you please move the thread to "CAT Tool Tech Support"?

Cheers, Ralf

Noe Tessmann
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TW_users Jul 3, 2003

Hi Ralf,

thank you for your hint, I am member of this group and I already asked my question, but sometimes you don't get any answer, it happens, then you don't know if your question is too obvious (RTFM), too rare, too difficult or they don't like your style.

ciao

Noe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Javascript in TagEditor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »