How to capture a web site and use it as .txt or .rtf file?
Thread poster: Christina Clark

Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:48
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 17, 2003

I was wondering whether there was any way of capturing a whole web site and use it in Word instead of copying and pasting every single page?

I would like to create a TM of an original web site and its other language equivalent.

Thanks so much for any ideas or thoughts on this
Christina

[Edited at 2003-07-17 08:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:48
English to French
Capturing Web site Jul 17, 2003

CDClark wrote:

I was wondering whether there was any way of capturing a whole web site and use it in Word instead of copying and pasting every single page?

I would like to create a TM of an original web site and its other language equivalent.

Thanks so much for any ideas or thoughts on this
Christina

[Edited at 2003-07-17 08:26]

It's not as simple as it sounds. It all depends on the Web site, and even in the best of cases, making a TM that way is gonna be a pain.

Assuming yours is a static web site, save the pages (in IE, file/save as or View/source, then save) with a txt extension. Replace </p&mt; and <br&mt; by paragraph marks. Then as all you care about is a TM, remove all the code. In many cases, it will be as easy as

Find: \
Replace:
with wildcards on.

When you have source and target files without code, I guess you know what to do.

The solution is not elegant, but it will work with a static content.

Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:48
Italian to French
+ ...
The easiest way... Jul 17, 2003

Hi,

You just need to get Acrobat : capture all your site and save it as .rtf. That's all !
Bye,

Jean-Marie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to capture a web site and use it as .txt or .rtf file?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search