HTML in Word
Thread poster: engrus
engrus  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 1, 2003

My HTML codes in Word (Office XP Professional) all of a sudden started showing, when I do not want them to. For example in hyperlinks, instead of converting any web or e-mail address into hyperlink (as it was doing before), it is now showing the whole HTML coding including the word hyperlink and all the brackets etc. I have checked in Tools-AutoCorrect Options-AutoFormat as You Type-Internet and Network paths with hyperlinks (in Replace as you typed) is checked.

What can I do about it?

Thank you very much for any help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:31
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Are you using Wordfast? Aug 1, 2003

It's a Word setting. Uncheck Show Field codes on the View tab of Tools/Options. If you are using Wordfast, get used to resetting this option once in a while.

Regards,
Gerard

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:31
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
It happened to me as well... Aug 1, 2003

In Word go to Tools, Options, View and deselect Codes (or Field Codes, should be in the top part, right hand side). This should do - your Word is showing all the codes instead of converting them into hyperlinks.

Best,
Magda

engrus  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:31
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, everything is fine now. It must have been the trick of the WordFast. Thank you :) Aug 1, 2003

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

In Word go to Tools, Options, View and deselect Codes (or Field Codes, should be in the top part, right hand side). This should do - your Word is showing all the codes instead of converting them into hyperlinks.

Best,
Magda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML in Word

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search