https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/13405-do_you_want_to_save_changes_to_trados5.html

Do you want to save changes to TRADOS5
Thread poster: Zhoudan
Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:53
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 18, 2003

This statement comes up each time I exit Word EVEN when I simply open Word program and exit it WITHOUT doing anything. I use Trados 5.5 freelance, Windows XP and Word 2000.

I searched the TW_Users group and found that this problem had been reported but no satisfactory explanation or solution could be found. That's why I posted it here.

I say No to this statement each time it comes up and no malfunction has been noticed. Any idea?

Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:53
English to German
+ ...
That's the way it is! Aug 18, 2003

Hi Zhoudan!

Probably, that's the way it is. I have discovered the same malfunction which appears even in the Word supported email message creation under Outlook. For example, it wouldn't allow you to backspace-delete a word or letter in the subject line.

There is only one remedy I am aware of: In Word, go to Tools, Templates and Add-ins and uncheck Trados5.dot. The problem will diminish. This procedure is not recommendable unless your are using Trados very often for the
... See more
Hi Zhoudan!

Probably, that's the way it is. I have discovered the same malfunction which appears even in the Word supported email message creation under Outlook. For example, it wouldn't allow you to backspace-delete a word or letter in the subject line.

There is only one remedy I am aware of: In Word, go to Tools, Templates and Add-ins and uncheck Trados5.dot. The problem will diminish. This procedure is not recommendable unless your are using Trados very often for the Trados toolbar will vanish and you cannot continue with Trados, but Wordfast.

Carsten
Collapse

Victoria Jordán
Victoria Jordán  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
More info please? Aug 18, 2003

Does a number error appear with this message?

Could you please provide more info?

Something similar happened to me.
The problem was when opening any word document: "Run-time Error 5" occurs when opening Word or when I wanted to exit (do you want to save ...Trados?)

Victoria

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:53
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No error message Aug 18, 2003

Victoria Jordán wrote:

Does a number error appear with this message?

Could you please provide more info?

Something similar happened to me.
The problem was when opening any word document: "Run-time Error 5" occurs when opening Word or when I wanted to exit (do you want to save ...Trados?)

Victoria

No error message appears. It's bare "do you want to changes to Trados5". And there is a "5" following the word "trados".

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:53
English to German
+ ...
"Save changes to Trados5.dot?" water under the bridge Oct 31, 2004

This was an old topic, but it's just happened to me.
The Trados short-cut buttons have disappeared without trace, and I get the message about saving Trados5.dot.

Is anyone the wiser now?

-M-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you want to save changes to TRADOS5

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »