https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/13595-how_to_un_mark_text_marked_with_do_not_check_spelling_or_grammar.html

How to un mark text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar"
Thread poster: Lorraine Abbey
Lorraine Abbey
Lorraine Abbey  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 14:19
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2003

Hi,
when I do a spell check in word I get the message:
text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped

DO you know how I can do a spell check anyway?

Thanks
Luca

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 14:19
English to Danish
+ ...
Solution Aug 26, 2003

You go to language under Tools - then set language. There you will find the option "do not check spelling or grammar" which should be ticked in your case. Untick it. I don't know you might have to select the whole text first for the rule to apply throughout the document.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:19
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Procedure Aug 26, 2003

I assume that you are using Word and I'll refer to the English version.

First select the text to spell check, then go to Tools > Language > Set Language.
In this dialogue box, select the appropriate language and confirm, but make sure the checkbox "Do not check spelling or grammar" is NOT selected.
It may be checked or grayed (part selection).
Make sure it is not checked at all.

Important: select the text before applying the language a
... See more
I assume that you are using Word and I'll refer to the English version.

First select the text to spell check, then go to Tools > Language > Set Language.
In this dialogue box, select the appropriate language and confirm, but make sure the checkbox "Do not check spelling or grammar" is NOT selected.
It may be checked or grayed (part selection).
Make sure it is not checked at all.

Important: select the text before applying the language and checking options. The options will apply only to the document section that you have selected!!

Also, note that if your document contains text in two lnaguages (for example, two columns with a different language in each column) you may want to select one of the column for spell checking in a language, and the other column for no spell checking. Of course, if any section of the document is marked for not spell checking, Word will produce the message that you have described.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2003-08-26 11:32]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to un mark text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »