Thread poster: AAAmedical

AAAmedical  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 26, 2003

Hello everybody,

I have just translated a Pagemaker file. No problems with that but the client wants me to deliver the file also as a pdf file. When I try this I get the following message "exporting a PDF file requires a PostScript Printer driver. Please install one".

Could anybody translate this into 'normal' English (or French, or Dutch,...)

Thanks for your help.

Ann

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

(Re)install Acrobat Distiller Aug 26, 2003

This message just means that something is wrong with the Distiller (or PDF Writer, or whatever). Postcript files are "intermediates" when PDFs are produced; they are converted to PDF format afterwards. The message you get means that you have no Postscript driver installed (or it is damaged); you can check the list of printers, if everything is installed properly then you should have Acrobat Distiller and Acrobat PDF Writer there.

Juan R. Migoya  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Postscript Printer Aug 28, 2003

Yes, Natalie is Right.

But for Page Maker, try to install a Postscript Printer that matches one of the printer yoy have chosen to install in the Page Maker installation process. You will avoid a lot of headaches this way. You can install a new printer for Page Maker at any time.
Regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems exporting a Pagemaker file into PDF

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search