Sara Mullin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:14
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
May 30, 2009

Good morning everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a small problem I'm having in MS Word (2003). My 3 year old was playing around on the computer when I had a word document open and since then, I can't see to what language a document has been set.

For example, before, I could see "English (US)" on the bottom toolbar and that has now disappeared. If I go to "Tools: Set Language", I always see several options (the languages that I use most often) and none of them are highlighted, so that's no help.

If anyone could tell how to please get this function back, I'd really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Sara

Helen B  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Righ-click on the bottom toolbar May 30, 2009

I am not sure this will work with Word 2003 (I use Word 2007), but what happens if you right-click on the bottom toolbar? Does it display popup menu with options allowing you to tick 'language'?

France
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I still can't see it May 30, 2009

Hi Hélène,

When I right-click, I do get a list of all the different toolbars you can add but there's no option for language. I've actually already gone through and clicked on all the different options to see what each toolbar does, but I still can't find it. Plus, I clicked on "customize" because it brings up more toolbar options and I don't see it there either.

In any case, thank you for your response!

Sara

Helen B  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Activating/deactivating the toolbar May 30, 2009

Have you tried getting rid of the bottom toolbar and activating it again?
(Pour afficher la barre d'état, cliquez dans le menu Outils sur Options, puis sur l'onglet
Affichage et, sous Afficher, activez la case à cocher Barre d'état.)

[Edited at 2009-05-31 06:16 GMT]

France
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yea! Thank you! May 30, 2009

I had tried resetting the toolbar to its original settings and that didn't work (the normal.dot settings)...

But your advice does! I activated the toolbar and now I can see the language and the page numbers again! Hooray!

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeing the set language for a MS Word document

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search