Problem with Corel Draw
Thread poster: Maria San Martin

Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:57
German to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 7, 2009

Hello everyone,

I am trying to re-work a text on Corel Draw and what happens is, for some reason,
more external text appears covering/overwriting my text.

What I get is a mumble-jumble text made of several overlapping texts...

Has this happened to you with Corel before? Do you know how to handle these situations?

Thanks very much for your support!

Maria

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:57
English to Hungarian
One possible explanation Aug 7, 2009

I do not know what the problem is, but I remember that in Coreldraw I used more than one layers when I was translating something. Perhaps two (or more) layers are switched on (made visible) at the same time and their content overlap each other…

Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 20:57
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
It's been long... Aug 7, 2009

...since I worked with CD last, but I remember there was a small pop-up with layers on it (usually in the right-hand corner below). Try to play with it, it should help you bring the necessary layer to the front, just like Istvan was saying about many layers on top of one another.

I think you need more details than just that, but let me tell you that the Internet is full with free Corel Draw Tutorials, so just google "Corel Draw Tutorial layers" or something of the kind, and it will give you more info.

Best regards,
Vitaly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Corel Draw

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search