New N wireless adapter - Computer freezes
Thread poster: Christiane Lalonde

Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:42
English to French
Sep 2, 2009

I just bought a draft N wireless adapter (TP-LINK) for my Acer computer (Vista).
Every time I try to install the driver, the computer freezes.
Any idea about what to do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:42
Member (2002)
English to German
Try installing the drivers only (no additional software) Sep 2, 2009

Some of the software I've seen bundled with wireless adapters was among the worst I've ever experienced (this may or may not be your case). Try installing the drivers only *via the Windows device manager*, not using the manufacturer's setup program. Vista (and XP) has wireless administration integrated, no need for the often crash-prone add-ons habitually offered by device manufacturers.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New N wireless adapter - Computer freezes

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search