Thread poster: Yarosova
Yarosova
Yarosova
Local time: 14:42
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2009

Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding the format of a translation to be read by a lector. I have never done this before, I've only done subtitles. So I wonder if the format should be any different in this case; what I mean by this is, should I try and pack as much of the text into one line so that the lector won't have to shift his eyes down the page and search for the next line, or maybe it doesn't matter at all...? Any pointers will be more than welcome! This is done in Subtitle Work
... See more
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding the format of a translation to be read by a lector. I have never done this before, I've only done subtitles. So I wonder if the format should be any different in this case; what I mean by this is, should I try and pack as much of the text into one line so that the lector won't have to shift his eyes down the page and search for the next line, or maybe it doesn't matter at all...? Any pointers will be more than welcome! This is done in Subtitle Workshop, btw.
Collapse

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Suggestion Nov 13, 2009

I suggest to go to dialogista.info - a dedicated portal for Polish movie translators:
http://dialogista.info/news.php

AM

[Zmieniono 2009-11-13 12:32 GMT]

Yarosova
Yarosova
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but :) Nov 13, 2009

Thanks a lot, that is a very helpful link, but I'm not translating into Polish this time and it seems like info on dialogista focuses mostly on this direction. I'm not sure if I can assume that Polish standard solutions are the same as international ones.

I'd be infinitely grateful for any answers to my original question that anyone can be bothered to post here

Y.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Movie translation for a lector

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »