International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Mounting an ISO, aka using a virtual CD drive
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:52
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 9, 2010

G'day everyone

A client sent me a file in a program that I had not yet installed, but for which I had an ISO of the CD that the installer is on. I googled for software that can help me mount the ISO, and the usual suspects came up... along with a blog post about a little-known (?) official (but unsupported) Microsoft utility called WinXP Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel. I tried it and I can report that it works as described. It is the simplest virtual CD program that I have ever used. The download file is 60 KB. It requires a bit of manual to-ing and fro-ing, but everything is set out in the readme file. Essentially it adds the ISO file to My Computer as an extra CD drive.

http://weblogs.asp.net/pleloup/archive/2004/01/15/58918.aspx

Samuel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mounting an ISO, aka using a virtual CD drive

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search