Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:33
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2003

Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA’s eTrust EZ Armor antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.
eTrust EZ Armor – the consumer version of CA’s enterprise-class security technology – will dramatically improve the safety of individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of Internet threats.
The o
... See more
Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA’s eTrust EZ Armor antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.
eTrust EZ Armor – the consumer version of CA’s enterprise-class security technology – will dramatically improve the safety of individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of Internet threats.
The offer is available under:
http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

Important notice: only ONE antivirus and firewall product may be running at the same time on the machine. If you decide to take advantage of this offer, you have first to remove previous software.
Regards
Andrzej

[Edited at 2003-11-19 09:45]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:33
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
There are many well working protections for free already Nov 19, 2003

Simply put I would not give Microsoft still more power to decide what happens in my computer. I use Antivir for free since ages and have never had any virus trouble. The problem are people who installed their protection three years ago and never updated it.

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Microsoft Nov 19, 2003

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Simply put I would not give Microsoft still more power to decide what happens in my computer.

It's perverse, isn't it. Microsoft sells software with security holes big enough to drive a truck through, then wants to be able to dictate what software the user can install in return for plugging those holes.

Marc

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is NOT a Microsoft product. Nov 19, 2003

The suite comes from Computer Associates International, one of the world's largest software companies. They offer corporate-class security management solutions.
As for other free offers, some of them are reliable, some not. Important thing is, that many of free programms don't provide regular updates of virus lists. CA does.

Note: I have nothing in common with CA. My only intention was to inform about a certain offer. Whether you take it or not, it's up tou you.
Best re
... See more
The suite comes from Computer Associates International, one of the world's largest software companies. They offer corporate-class security management solutions.
As for other free offers, some of them are reliable, some not. Important thing is, that many of free programms don't provide regular updates of virus lists. CA does.

Note: I have nothing in common with CA. My only intention was to inform about a certain offer. Whether you take it or not, it's up tou you.
Best regards
Andrzej
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Important information on antivirus protection

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »