NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 02:33
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Nov 19, 2003

Good morning everyone,
A few days ago I translated several pages for a (new) client. It was a word document with a few titles and lots and lots of charts embedded in the doc. I used Trados to translate the main doc, which really didn't have much text. The org charts were new to me. Right-click, edit, translate, ctrl-s. Do this for each chart, save the document and send to the client.
Oops, this morning, with a rush on a job and two more pending, I get a message that the document is fine, but the charts are untranslated. I check my doc here on my hard disk - and lo and behold, it's all in the source language.
Oh no! I have to retype all this ? Today, of all days ? Does anybody know - did these charts get saved somewhere on a temporary file, and if so, with what extension ?
any clues on this problem would be greatly appreciated ! The client very generously gave me till tomorrow morning to redeem the charts, but I've done the work- it must be somewhere, right?
Thanks to all.
Nancy

PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:33
English to Polish
+ ...
Org chart files Nov 19, 2003

have the extension OPX.
That's all I can say for the moment...
Also, Org Chart is really the light version of a stand alone program. They have a web site here: www.orgplus.com

HTH,
Pawel Skalinski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Org Chart trouble

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search