Outlook Express problem
Thread poster: Williamson

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:21
Flemish to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2003

Normally when you sent a message of Outlook Express at copy of your message is stored in the "Sent Items" folder.
Whenever I sent a message, no copy is stored in that folder, although Options>Send>Save Copy of Message in my Inbox is ticked. Does anybody have a clue what is going on (and no I am not going to switch to Opera).


 

Sorana Puiu
Romania
Local time: 10:21
English to Romanian
+ ...
Microsoft support Nov 25, 2003

try on the microsoft webpage, there may be a bug and you need to install some of the patches they regularly produce. Check also critical updates page.This should solve it.

 

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:21
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Outlook Express Nov 25, 2003

Click on tools, options and "send" to check whether the first box "save copy of sent messages in 'sent folder' is ticked". If it is ticked and messages are still not saved, I would suggest to contact the MS support desk. HTH

 

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:21
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Disregard previous email Nov 25, 2003

Sorry, just realised that you've actually explained this in the second part of your message. Please contact MS support in this case...

 

Cicero
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:21
Member (2008)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Outlook Express Nov 25, 2003

Hi

We have had the same problem here. When the sent items folder is too full and too much memory is taken up, mostly due to attachments, then that folder does not want to accept anymore. We also had one case where the sent items folder was corrupted and had a supposed size of 245MB. We had to delete it completely. Starting Outlook Express again automatically created a new one.

To see the size of the sent items folder and maybe delete it, go to C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\ “a very large identification number”\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

If you need more help by all means contact me.

Best wishes

Didier


 

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:21
English to Czech
+ ...
Too many messages Nov 25, 2003

Cicero wrote:
When the sent items folder is too full and too much memory is taken up, mostly due to attachments, then that folder does not want to accept anymore. We also had one case where the sent items folder was corrupted and had a supposed size of 245MB. We had to delete it completely. Starting Outlook Express again automatically created a new one.


I agree, there are probably too many messages in the Sent Items folder. You can try to delete some of them, preferably containing large attachments.

You can also start with a new Sent Items folder, but you don't have to delete the old one, you can keep it under a different name. Let me know if you need step by step instructions (create a new folder, put a dummy message in it and copy the "sent items.dbx" file over the new dbx file).


 

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:21
German to English
+ ...
Attachments Nov 26, 2003

Remember you can go through the mails with attachments and delete the attachments by right clicking on them/clear You presumably have the attachments stashed elsewhere anyway...

 

Cicero
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:21
Member (2008)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Attachments Nov 26, 2003

Textklick wrote:

Remember you can go through the mails with attachments and delete the attachments by right clicking on them/clear You presumably have the attachments stashed elsewhere anyway...



Hi

I don't seem to have this function, I can only delete the whole e-mail. It would be great though. Which version of Outlook Express is this? I have Version 6

all the best

Didier


 

Yulsa
English
I would you like suggest you these programs... Feb 17, 2005

Williamson wrote:

Normally when you sent a message of Outlook Express at copy of your message is stored in the "Sent Items" folder.
Whenever I sent a message, no copy is stored in that folder, although Options>Send>Save Copy of Message in my Inbox is ticked. Does anybody have a clue what is going on (and no I am not going to switch to Opera).


I would you like suggest you these programs...
Repair Outlook Express and Windows Address Book tools. - Repair and recovery
Outlook Express folders and emails. Undelete Outlook Express messages. Recovering and repairing Windows Address Book.
and
Easy Outlook Express repair tools. - Repairing a damaged or corrupted Outlook Express
folders ands messages.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook Express problem

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search