Thread poster: Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Local time: 04:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 30, 2003

This is the fact.

I don't know all the names or paths the Blaster has muted in, but my computer died yesterday... caused by Blaster... again.

And antiviruses are not effective at all (only Norton works, but I don't think I will be for a long time)

My advise is to delete the exe files (I only know 3: belt, the most destructive; powerS and istsvc), the ini files (they are only created if the virus has been activated somehhow) and the ink files.

M
... See more
This is the fact.

I don't know all the names or paths the Blaster has muted in, but my computer died yesterday... caused by Blaster... again.

And antiviruses are not effective at all (only Norton works, but I don't think I will be for a long time)

My advise is to delete the exe files (I only know 3: belt, the most destructive; powerS and istsvc), the ini files (they are only created if the virus has been activated somehhow) and the ink files.

My problem is now solved, but the Blaster had attacked my antivirus and it didn't find any virus, although it was updated.

I hope none of you have thi virus, and if you do, I hope it not to mutate again...
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you install the patch? Dec 1, 2003

Hi Rocío,
Did you install the patch issued by Microsoft?

Best regards, Ralf

Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes... Dec 1, 2003

Did you install the patch issued by Microsoft?

But Windows dind't work on my PC, so I had to delete the viruses manually, and I installed the patch afterwards. (Afortunately, I know someone who can deal with this kind of problems..)
The problem is that the virus is mutating so fast that it can infect your computer before a patch is made...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blaster is changing...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »